Windows 10: Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?

Discus and support Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Got it (I think). Have a Dell XPS 8900, 2 years old. Home version of W10. Nothing fancy in setup. Thanks to all for ALL the help. Really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert11, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?

Hi,

Got it (I think).

Have a Dell XPS 8900, 2 years old. Home version of W10. Nothing fancy in setup.

Thanks to all for ALL the help.
    Really appreciated.

Question:

Now that I think I've got it working, before I start installing all my Apps, etc., what are the ways to try to
    totally disable any and all automatic updates ?

I did a Google, but most of the answers pertain to earlier OS, or they say it's
    not practical, or...

Anything options to click on, to set that at least will maybe prevent some of the automatic
    updates from MS and Dell that originally messed me up so bad.

Would really hate for it to happen again.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 6, 2017

2. Disabling Services and all Win10 App support - Consequences?

Hi,

To know more on possible side effects of editing registry and to get a more in-depth isolation on possible conflicting variables, we suggest posting your inquiry in
    Microsoft TechNet.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Dec 6, 2017
  3. alexx_g_s Win User
    Finally, ALL Nokia 6233 Product Codes, Ask me and i Will Verify Your Codes

is it possible that you tell me what software you are exactly using to get all the info on the product codes or where ysou hae dloaded it?

i would really like to have it too, for personal use of course...

pm me or mail please

alexx_g_s, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?

While I don't recommend it you can turn off the updates like this : In your search box type - services. In the Services pop-up scroll down until you find - Windows update. RIGHT CLICK on Windows Update , as "disable" will be greyed out, click on Properties. In Properties find the Start Up type drop down box. In the drop down box choose "Disabled". Click "Apply". Exit services and reboot. When you get back into Windows you can go back and check but your update's will be turned off.

Again, I DO NOT recommend doing this! Updates are needed for security (and other reasons). I had mine off for .......... oh......... six months maybe before turning it back on. Say what you will about Microsoft but they do try to "fix" things with pretty much every update and the chances are that whatever caused your problem(s) will be addressed at some point.

As for the Dell updates................ just delete the Dell update manager in either Programs or through the registry. These are probably the cause of any problem(s) you may have had anyway.

Hope this helps.

indianacarnie, Dec 7, 2017
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    I can attest, with Windows 10 Home through Version 1607, that Windows Update can be disabled in Services.

The caution is that one stays informed, like visiting this forum periodically.

pyramid10, Dec 7, 2017
  6. Robert11 Win User
    Hello,

Thank you all for the help.
    Have made great progress, and believe I have working again.
    Guess at my age now, it's good to work with this 'stuff" and keep all the neurons happy.

Question: I did get into Services, and disabled the auto update.

But, I cannot find the Dell Update program anywhere.
    I don't want to mess with the Registry.

Exactly where is it, please ?
    Doesn't seem to be in Programs, or Programs (x86)

Do I have to be internet connected to get to it, perhaps; at the moment I'm not ?

Thanks again,
    Bob

Robert11, Dec 7, 2017
  7. I haven't used a Dell machine for many years so cannot help you with the location for Dell's update process. I'd look for anything branded Dell and check it out. Are you absolutely certain Dell is updating automatically? I would also suggest looking in your Start folder. Do you use Ccleaner? If so, their Start Up Tab will show you what starts automatically and has an option to turn them off. Might be a good place to check.

indianacarnie, Dec 7, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Look in Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Try typing Dell in the search box there to filter the list.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ? - Similar Threads - Finally Disabling Auto

2. Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates: Hello,Reading the tutorial on you site "Enable / Disable Auto Updates for Windows....", I decided to use (as on option 7), the "WAU Manager".Till now I disabled the updates in the "Task Manager" by disabling the win update service. (But cannot postpone the updates any...
  3. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?: Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop, for the installing updates screen then it will fail, and say undoing changes etc. I am looking for a proper solution to fix...
  4. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?: Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area. No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and...
  5. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?: Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area. No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and...
  6. Auto Update all is lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Update all is lost: All my Docs and most apps are gone sense my PC automatic update. It did it last week and I was able to go to users folder and find everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-all-is-lost/62acaead-e7d9-49f4-9924-ce7cb55595c1
  7. Is it finally possible to turn off auto-detection for my screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it finally possible to turn off auto-detection for my screen?: So i have 3 screens. one of them is connected by displayport so everytime i turn it off everything gets moved to a different screen. ive seen that this problem has been around since vista and could be fixed easily just by letting us decide. so is there any way to fix is now...
  8. disable auto updates

disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....
  9. how to disable win10 auto update?

how to disable win10 auto update?: how to disable win10 auto update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-win10-auto-update/650900ee-a7c9-4680-843d-73073c5b2193
  10. Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?: The major WIn10 updates - 'creator' update, 'fall update', 'spring update' - those ones. Is there an option to manually decide to postpone them, or skip til next one? Thanks....