Windows 10: Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac

Discus and support Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 27, 2016
  2. awmnawm Win User

Latest w10 update uninstalls wifi adapter drivers

Due to my current setup it is not possible to plug in an ethernet cable and auto update the drivers through Device Properties, and without the drivers after I update w10 my wifi adapter is disabled and I lose access to the internet. If someone can share
    the download link for the latest wifi card driver for w10, I can simply download the drivers manually and install them after the update.

The adapter I have is an ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter

awmnawm, Jan 27, 2016
  3. lonedrake Win User
    WiFi can't be turned on after Windows 10 1709 1699.192 update

My wifi won't work. Toggled the wifi to on, but then immediately switched back to off.

I've tried to update the driver to version 7.12.39.13. It's a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter. Problem still exists.

I downloaded the driver from this site: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP

I've tried to disable then re-enable the device. But the problem still exist.

Please send help.

Thanks.

lonedrake, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac

1. Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac - Similar Threads - Finally retire WIRED

2. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  3. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  4. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mixing wifi and wired computers

mixing wifi and wired computers: Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a home setting?...
  6. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  7. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network: We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print over WiFi. Several Mac OS laptops are able to print fine. Laptops that once could print over WiFi no longer can. After...
  8. no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update

no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update: last week my laptop (which i dont power off very often) auto updated a windows update (KB4493464) and since all wifi connections have disappeared and i cannot connect to broadband via wired capability! tried uninstalling said up-date which briefly fixed the issue for 2 days...
  9. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...