Windows 10: Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min

Discus and support Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I found the rest of the forum information (Where you regedit and set it to change settings that aren't available.. ) and put that to 45 mins.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrCows, Jun 11, 2016.

1. DrCows Win User

Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min

So, I found the rest of the forum information (Where you regedit and set it to change settings that aren't available.. ) and put that to 45 mins.

However, it still wont listen. Any ideas?

edit: here's the problem:

Power Options - Add

Turns out there's a hidden option for when you press Winkey + L and lock it yourself for it to go on and shut off..

:)

DrCows, Jun 11, 2016

2. HP laptop will not completely shut down

I have recently installed Windows 10 anniversary edition from the upgrade edition of windows 10.

My HP laptop will not completely shut down. I go through the standard process to shut down, screen goes black, and fan stops but the power indicator light is still on, I have waited up to 10 min for it to finally shut down but it remained on.

only way to completely shut down is to press and hold the power button till the light turns off.

I did not have this issue till upgrade to the anniversary edition was installed.

PaulBrockett, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Auto shut off and screen sleep

constant shut off of screen after 2 min of non use , and sometimes initiates restart on its own.

what is going on with windows 10???? i have all screen sleep and shut off set at never, but windows does it anyway

Leon Yahes, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min

1. Finally made the Windows 10 upgrade, now screen is shutting off 2 min - Similar Threads - Finally made upgrade

2. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  3. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  4. Upgraded Windows 10 to 21H1 finally made it work!!! but it won't load one printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgraded Windows 10 to 21H1 finally made it work!!! but it won't load one printer driver: First, let me thank all the folks who tried to help me with the upgrade from W10 version 1909. Their suggestions didn't work but I was able to make it happen. I'll put my solution out there, in answer to that question.So, it would be too much to ask for that everything work...
  5. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  6. Windows can't shut off screens if I have 2 screens connected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows can't shut off screens if I have 2 screens connected: Hi, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home x64, last build/version. The PC has an i5 10600 and a GTX 1070, with 2 screens from ASUS: one via HDMI and another one via DisplayPort, both connected to the GPU. The problem is that when I have 2 screens connected, Windows can not shut...
  7. Windows can't shut off screens if I have 2 screens connected

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows can't shut off screens if I have 2 screens connected: Hi, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home x64, last build/version. The PC has an i5 10600 and a GTX 1070, with 2 screens from ASUS: one via HDMI and another one via DisplayPort, both connected to the GPU. The problem is that when I have 2 screens connected, Windows can not shut...
  8. Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to windows 10 - Finally...: So I've just found a genuine copy of windows vista ultimate that I purchased for a full price back in the day (I know, I know..... I was one those people). I was just wondering if there is some way for me to use that copy to get myself a genuine copy of windows 10 pro? Do I...
  9. Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min): Hello! I have recently been experiencing a problem with my boot up. The boot up seems to be stuck at the loading screen with the windows logo and the dots made of circles. it takes about 2 minutes to get to the log in screen. I have even tried a fresh windows install to no...
  10. After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 2 days, finally upgraded to windows 10 pro!: I was finally able to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro after loading the default bios settings. The fail codes I had included, 80240020, 0x80246017, C1900101, and 80246010. I have a homebuilt Intel 980x with an EVGA X58 LE motherboard with 16GB of RAM. Once I...