Windows 10: Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

Discus and support Finally May update has installed but>>>>>> in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ladylouisaC, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

As above:

HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago.

I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I tried to re-open next time, it had not saved the 'end product' but was showing a saved auto save several minutes prior to my last save.

However, today I noticed that my Document folder is no longer showing. I have tried several online 'fixes' none of which help.

I tried going into Windows 'old' which shows the missing folder, but it is empty, I have checked views, hidden, and there are no hidden files.

Going into C drive to Users to find the Folder which is there but which refuses to open saying I do not have permission.

I am the only person who uses this computer, there is only one Microsoft Account, mine, and it shows as an Administrator account.

I have seen this is fairly common, but none of the fixes tried so far have helped.

Please be gentle being female, over 70 and disabled I only know as much about 'tinkering with ' a computer as I have needed!

:)

ladylouisaC, Aug 24, 2020

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Aug 24, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 24, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Finally May update has installed but>>>>>> :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

1. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>> - Similar Threads - Finally May update

2. Finally installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finally installed: A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE ME WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE. I WISH EVERYONE A HEALTHY AND SAFE NEW YEAR WITH MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES...
  3. Finally installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finally installed: A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE ME WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE. I WISH EVERYONE A HEALTHY AND SAFE NEW YEAR WITH MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES...
  4. Finally installed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet: Am I right in thinking it is not surprising that the May UPDATE has not yet become available? My Tablet PC will not have been in the first waves and I know MS is being cautious, for good reasons. I am getting impatient though, because I am struggling with some issues which I...
  6. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>: As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I...
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 insiders to "final" version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2020 insiders to "final" version: Microsoft mentioned several times that the current insider version (Slow ring) is the final version. Currently, I am still running last years update, however, as my PC isn't running as smoothly as I would have hoped for, I am planning a clean installation of the slow ring...
  8. impossible to install may update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    impossible to install may update: Windows update will not list it to me. I already downloaded the image i already tried to use microsoft media creation tool i already tried serverl cmd commands and windows repairs via dism also tried to force to use the download image file. Regardless what i do it always...
  9. This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/

in Browsers and Email
    This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/: I've had this big issue for years: [Should i switch to Edge orn't..] and finally did the switch on my Windows PC, but still have Chrome installed, (on my Android Phone i only have Chrome) Should i completely install Edge on my Android Phone to orn't.. many People use...
  10. Has my CD been finalized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has my CD been finalized?: I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized. How can I verify if this is still a usable CD? Thanks in advance to all who reply. Dan 101313