Windows 10: Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu

Discus and support Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrBrainWax [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrBrainWax, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu

/u/DrBrainWax, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. neilpzz Win User
    Remove apps from start menu

You can remove the Tile from the Start menu (right click the tile) but there is no option to remove it from the program list.

neilpzz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu

Start Menu tiles

Welcome to TenForums!

I hadn't realised you could do that! I've just created a Test account to log into and try it out. The answer I found is that you should right-click on the Mail tile on the Desktop and select 'Unpin from Start'. Now right-click on it again and select 'Pin to Start'.

Once it's back on the Start menu you can right-click on the Desktop one and delete it (or leave it there as as an alternative way to get to Mail, if you wish).

Thema:

Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu

1. Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu - Similar Threads - Finally realised right

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  6. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  7. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  8. Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?: Sorry if it's been asked before but couldn't find this in searching the forum - is there a registry hack to get rid of the 'Pin to Start' option when you right-click on the Recycle Bin icon on desktop? I keep clicking on this in error when going to click 'Empty recycle bin'....
  9. Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click?

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click?: Every since i ran the creators update on my windows 10 image.. there is a random issue where the tiles in the start menu are blank.. and any attempts to right click fail as well.. seems if you restart.. it clears it (or possibly restart the explorer.exe).. Also found...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...