Windows 10: FINALLY WORKS! You can directly go to websites in Chrome with 1 word!

Discus and support FINALLY WORKS! You can directly go to websites in Chrome with 1 word! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was hitting my head against the wall, trying to figure this out. Thought I might tell you guys because this forum has been so helpful to me in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CerebralFreeze, Apr 26, 2018.

1. FINALLY WORKS! You can directly go to websites in Chrome with 1 word!

I was hitting my head against the wall, trying to figure this out. Thought I might tell you guys because this forum has been so helpful to me in the past. *Smile

In the url box in Chrome, if you type just Amazon, it will directly go to Amazon if you go to Settings, Manage Search Engines and type in Amazon into the key word.

What my problem was I couldn't replicate stuff like Google Calendar. Instead, it would take me to Google search results for Google Calendar.

I finally realized that the key word has to be ONE WORD and then it will go directly into Google Calendar. You also have to erase all the search stuff after the url. For example, the address has to be YouTube instead of https://youtube.com/CRAPSEARCHSTUFF

Please enjoy this productivity hint that took me hours to figure out.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Apr 26, 2018
  2. maxim__s Win User

Edge: breaks the extensions of the downloaded files

I'm doing so routinely with all web browsers - IE, Chrome and now Edge.

No, this does not help.

Looks like this is yet another by-design misfeature of Edge.

With a .doc file, the picture is that you cannot open it directly from the website by Word. You need to download it, then rename to add the .doc suffix, and only then Word works.

maxim__s, Apr 26, 2018
  3. mpwc741 Win User
    un block pop up windows

Which web browser are you using?

When you initially go to the website for your employers training videos, does the website list anywhere what the website is optimized for? It should say something like -

Works best with Internet Explorer

Works best with Microsoft Edge

Works best with Google Chrome

Works best with Firefox

Additionally, it may specify a particular version of the web browser, for example Internet Explorer 11 (or higher) or Firefox 52 (or higher) or Chrome 58 (or higher)

You really should use the browser that the website is optimized for.

Use the information bar to allow popups from the website where you view the training videos. This may appear directly under the address bar, or at the bottom of the page, below all of the content.

mpwc741, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

FINALLY WORKS! You can directly go to websites in Chrome with 1 word!

1. FINALLY WORKS! You can directly go to websites in Chrome with 1 word! - Similar Threads - FINALLY WORKS directly

2. How can I disable a website on google chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I disable a website on google chrome?: I know this has nothing to do with windows but i just searched up computer forums and made an account here lol. Im addicted to this one site and I need to block it cause its a distraction, but i dont know how to do it.. DOES ANYONE KNOW? please 170003
  3. Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ?: I've used Dragon to dictate to Word for years but as it packed up recently and not being interested in Cortana and the rest, can I use my excellent ProSound mike to dictate to Word or say Notepad directly instead ? Thanks 162632
  4. Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome: I'm posting this because the answers in other threads utterly miss the problem and their solutions won't help. Sometimes, when using the mouse on Chrome, it will Go Back a page for no apparent reason. This has just caused me to lose multiple hours of writing. This is not...
  5. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?: My new work laptop has the Chrome-freeze problem. That is, when I click/focus on a Chrome window everything freezes for a second or two ... and then resumes. Very annoying No such problem with other apps. It even has me using IE just to avoid the problem. Yes ... the freeze...
  6. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?: My new work laptop has the Chrome-freeze problem. That is, when I click/focus on a Chrome window everything freezes for a second or two ... and then resumes. Very annoying No such problem with other apps. It even has me using IE just to avoid the problem. Yes ... the freeze...
  7. CAN YOU REINSTALL DIRECT X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAN YOU REINSTALL DIRECT X: CAN YOU REINSTALL OR RESET DIRECT X https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-reinstall-direct-x/663e71f2-3314-45a2-b80d-5a4ff76fc266
  8. How to search any website directly from the Chrome or Edge Address Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to search any website directly from the Chrome or Edge Address Bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can create a Custom Search Engine for any website and search it via Chrome or Edge browser’s address bar by following the procedure laid down in this post. As an example, we will talk of Google Drive as many [...] This post How to search any website...
  9. My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome)

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome): My PC does not go directly to web browser (chrome) & internet. It goes to windows diagnostics then it connectes Can it be prevented? How do I fix...
  10. Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...: Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites when I close the browser, even when I click remember me. I didn't change any settings when the problem started. I've tried network reset, driver rollbacks and troubleshooting, nothing...