Windows 10: Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

Discus and support Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to find a bitlocker key for a second device that is connected to my account. I have done it once for one device, but can't find an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nattasha Mierendorf, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

I am trying to find a bitlocker key for a second device that is connected to my account. I have done it once for one device, but can't find an option to enter the recovery key ID for the second device. I've included the screen shot, I am wanting a bitlocker key for the DESKTOP-K5...

:)

Nattasha Mierendorf, Sep 30, 2022

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

1. Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account - Similar Threads - Find bitlocker key

2. when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key: when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-look-at-devices-in-my-account-to-find/8a1b3139-6652-4e7c-b194-1cb1b857875a
  3. when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key: when i look at devices in my account to find bitlocker key, device is inactive. how to find key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-look-at-devices-in-my-account-to-find/8a1b3139-6652-4e7c-b194-1cb1b857875a
  4. Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account: I am trying to find a bitlocker key for a second device that is connected to my account. I have done it once for one device, but can't find an option to enter the recovery key ID for the second device. I've included the screen shot, I am wanting a bitlocker key for the...
  5. Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find a bitlocker key for another device on my account: I am trying to find a bitlocker key for a second device that is connected to my account. I have done it once for one device, but can't find an option to enter the recovery key ID for the second device. I've included the screen shot, I am wanting a bitlocker key for the...
  6. device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key: so... i am in real trouble here.last year my laptop suddenly asked for a bitlocker key after an update, no idea why, didnt even know what bitlocker was.anyway a friend helped me and it turned out i could find it in my microsoft account.but today AGAIN after a windows update i...
  7. device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key: so... i am in real trouble here.last year my laptop suddenly asked for a bitlocker key after an update, no idea why, didnt even know what bitlocker was.anyway a friend helped me and it turned out i could find it in my microsoft account.but today AGAIN after a windows update i...
  8. Where to find the bitlocker recovery key if the account that booted the device has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find the bitlocker recovery key if the account that booted the device has...: Yesterday i tried duel booting my device with ubuntu 20.04 and my default windows 11 but I forgot to disable the bitlocker as i had previously booted my device with another Microsoft account which i had replaced by removing that account and assigning a new account as...
  9. Where to find the bitlocker recovery key if the account that booted the device has...

Where to find the bitlocker recovery key if the account that booted the device has...: Yesterday i tried duel booting my device with ubuntu 20.04 and my default windows 11 but I forgot to disable the bitlocker as i had previously booted my device with another Microsoft account which i had replaced by removing that account and assigning a new account as...
  10. Find bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find bitlocker key: Something happened and I am suddenly unable to log into Windows. I get a repair message that does not get me anywhere. If I reboot my laptop I get the same message over and over again. There are a few options available,, but they all require that I insert a bitlocker key. I...