Windows 10: Find account that Bitlocker is associated with

Discus and support Find account that Bitlocker is associated with in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Being requested to enter Bitlocker Key, but when i enter the MS account info there is no bitlocker key associated with this. How can i find which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tony_366, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Tony_366 Win User

Find account that Bitlocker is associated with

Being requested to enter Bitlocker Key, but when i enter the MS account info there is no bitlocker key associated with this. How can i find which account that the bitlocker key is associated with ? Thanks !

:)

Tony_366, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Find account that Bitlocker is associated with - Similar Threads - Find account Bitlocker

2. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  3. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  4. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker Recovery associated account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery associated account: Hi. Trying to solve Bitlocker Recovery Key problem caused by KB5012170I did not enable Bitlocker, but this update has caused this issueI cannot remember , what account I used to setup the computer.On the Screen , it is giving me a Recovery ID KeyAnd a Drive LabelMy assumption...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery associated account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery associated account: Hi. Trying to solve Bitlocker Recovery Key problem caused by KB5012170I did not enable Bitlocker, but this update has caused this issueI cannot remember , what account I used to setup the computer.On the Screen , it is giving me a Recovery ID KeyAnd a Drive LabelMy assumption...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery associated account

8. How to find the name of the account associated with VS?

How to find the name of the account associated with VS?: Visual studio is signed out and doesn't show any info about the account it was registered with. To sign in I should use the same account but don't know which one....
  9. Find out accounts associated with an email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out accounts associated with an email address: On one of my email addresses that I use to log in to my Microsoft account, I keep getting the message shown in the attachment. This is not part of any work account that I am aware of I am self-employed and I don't have an IT department. I want to find out what account MS...
  10. Find out accounts associated with an email address

Find out accounts associated with an email address: On one of my email addresses that I use to log in to my Microsoft account, I keep getting the message shown in the attachment. This is not part of any work account that I am aware of I am self-employed and I don't have an IT department. I want to find out what account MS...