Windows 10: Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

Discus and support Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Poorman65, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Poorman65 Win User

Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses.

I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the motherboard, hard drive , video board and memory on it. I would like to properly activate it if possible.

Unfortunately, I am not sure which 8.1 license goes with which PC and I never recorded the Windows 10 license that was digitally assigned. The hard drive that was on the system when it was last activated is dead and buried.

It doesn't appear that I can see the licenses online in my Microsoft account.

Is there a way to figure this out by interrogating the PCs that are properly activated? I have an app that seems to be able to show the current Windows 10 licenses on those systems, but I have no way to associate those back to the original 8.1 licenses.

:)

Poorman65, Jul 14, 2019
  2. red454 Win User

Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Jul 14, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade

I recently changed my motherboard and my processor. Heck I changed everything except my hard drive and now windows will not activate. I've done all the steps suggested in activation of windows but it is not working. The original computer was a prebuilt,
    it had windows 7 on it. I upgraded it to windows 10 when it came out. Obviously I'd like to avoid having to pay for another product key if at all possible.

CooperManley, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

1. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades - Similar Threads - Find Activation Key

2. Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade: Hello, so I had recently gotten some new parts for my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Case but I'm still using the HDD and SSD I had in my old pc beforehand. When I booted up the new PC and waited a bit I noticed the "Activate Windows" in the bottom corner so I went to check...
  3. Activating Windows After A Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activating Windows After A Hardware Upgrade: I recently swapped out my motherboard and CPU for some well overdue upgrades. There didn't seem to be a any issues when I first started using the new hardware in the morning, but after returning from work in the evening I now have to reactivate my Windows key. I used the...
  4. Activating after hardware upgrade

Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  5. Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades

Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades: I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM). Windows will not activate now. The error code I have is, 0xC004F025 I've tried everything from this KBA, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change It...
  6. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  7. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades: I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the...
  8. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  9. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  10. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...