Windows 10: Find all files of one type if another type is not present

Discus and support Find all files of one type if another type is not present in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a really advanced file search that on the surface is simple, but I don't know what tools can accomplish this search. A decade ago I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlickRCBD, Nov 11, 2020.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Find all files of one type if another type is not present

I have a really advanced file search that on the surface is simple, but I don't know what tools can accomplish this search.

A decade ago I downloaded the Baen Free Library CDs that have e-books in multiple formats.

I just found out by accident that my Kindle Keyboard can also read .prc files. Learn something new, even after all these years, and yes it's a really old Kindle.

I have already loaded all the .mobi files from the Baen library, but is there any way to search the library on my hard drive for directories with a .PRC file that does NOT have .mobi file? They would have the same file name, just different extensions if that helps for the search. There are a bunch of books I haven't gotten around to reading and I might as well load them onto the Kindle. I can always delete them if I don't like them which was over half the .mobi files.

I have FileSearchEX and AgentRansack on my Windows Vista/7 dual-boot computer, but I'm not sure if anything but AgentRansack is installed under Windows 7, and it's definitely the only one installed on my Windows 10 computer, but I can download another tool if necessary including a win10 compatible FileSearchEX, Win10 did not exist whenever I last downloaded FileSearchEx and I'm not sure if Win7 did either.

If there is a way to do this with Windows file search year right, it's sucked since Vista compared to what was in Windows 95-XP or S2k3 I'm open to learning. Otherwise please suggest appropriate tools.

So any suggestions on how to find directories with a .PRC file but do NOT have a .mobi file?

Alternately a .PRC file that does not have an identically named .MOBI file in the same directory or to be pedantic the whole tree is fine since the duplicates would only appear in the same directory.

:)

SlickRCBD, Nov 11, 2020

2. Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Where did you get that error code and what is the complete error code/message that you get?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1: Uninstalling Language Pack.

Before trying the below steps, install the Polish Language again and then follow the below steps.

• Click on the Start Menu > Search for Command Prompt >
      Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run As Administrator.
    • Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following command and hit
      Enter.

Lpksetup /u

• Then, select the language > Click on Next to uninstall the Language Interface Pack.
    • Restart the computer once after the uninstallation is completed and check if the Polish Typing is still present.

Method 2: System File Checker.

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10 and check for any system file corruption.

Once you check for the system file corruption, try the steps mentioned in my previous post and run those commands and check if it uninstalls the Polish Typing.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

Find all files of one type if another type is not present [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

Find all files of one type if another type is not present [​IMG]

4. Find all files of one type if another type is not present

Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Find all files of one type if another type is not present

1. Find all files of one type if another type is not present - Similar Threads - Find files type

2. Keyboard typing another letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing another letters: Hi, I'm having issue with my windows keyboard settings and I'm using window 11 for your reference. whenever I try to type fast using my keyboard then it types some letters of other english like language which have curves or lines into the letters. It generally occurs when I...
  3. Keyboard typing another letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing another letters: Hi, I'm having issue with my windows keyboard settings and I'm using window 11 for your reference. whenever I try to type fast using my keyboard then it types some letters of other english like language which have curves or lines into the letters. It generally occurs when I...
  4. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  5. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  6. All of my file types changed

7. Backpace typing another key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backpace typing another key: When I type my backspace types "]". I have looked at the language, updated drivers, restarted my PC, sticky keys and filter keys are both off and still, nothing works....
  8. Backpace typing another key

Backpace typing another key: When I type my backspace types "]". I have looked at the language, updated drivers, restarted my PC, sticky keys and filter keys are both off and still, nothing works....
  9. Tip on how to find files by type from all over pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Tip on how to find files by type from all over pc: I was looking for a way to find all of my .JPG files so that I could sort through the ones I no longer want or need and to make organizing the ones I wanted to keep a bit easier. First I found out about Press Windows key + R Type: %userprofile% Hit Enter Click in the...
  10. Cant type in another language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type in another language: So, I'm trying to type in korean so that i can learn a bit of korean but when i tried to set my keyboard to korean no matter how many tutorials i follow, even if they are the same or different, so i decided to look up the issue and everything i found never worked....