Windows 10: Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10

Discus and support Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I lost my laptop yesterday, so I login in to my Microsoft account to locate it by Find My Device See the below pic. It shows the location of my last... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lifan4, Feb 16, 2021.

1. lifan4 Win User

Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10

I lost my laptop yesterday, so I login in to my Microsoft account to locate it by Find My Device See the below pic. It shows the location of my last use, but it can not located currently. When I use lock button to lock it, it says it can not be locked currently. Does it mean it never be connected to the internet since lost? Will the lock function work if some reinstall the windows system completely?

Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10 f6c3a6e9-0049-4cfc-bce4-0367ff0ffd98?upload=true.png

:)

lifan4, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to find a lost device?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that your device is stolen. I am glad you were able to use this feature to find your device and lock it. For more information on this feature, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Find and lock a lost Windows device
    , please check the steps and see if it is helpful to you.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10

Find and lock device

We don't work for Microsoft.

We are mainly volunteers here.

Due to privacy restrictions we have no access to your private details to be able to assist you here.

See if this assists you.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Find My Phone or Device

Lost your phone or think someone stole it? Left your device somewhere? See your phone or device on a map, or ring, lock and erase your phone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Find and lock a lost Windows device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use Find my device to locate and lock it remotely.

To find the lost device, it must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to your Microsoft account. You can also use Find my phone to find, locate, lock, and even erase your Windows Phone.

Notes

• You must be signed in to the lost device with a Microsoft account for which you're the administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10

1. Find and lock lost laptop by with Find My Device in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Find lock lost

2. after finding my lost laptop I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after finding my lost laptop I'm locked out: I thought we lost out laptop. I locked it in my microsoft account. Then we found it but I can't log on. When I put in my pin it prompts that it is locked and an administrator needs to sign in. However, there is no administrator login. I cant figure out how to get into our...
  3. after finding my lost laptop I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after finding my lost laptop I'm locked out: I thought we lost out laptop. I locked it in my microsoft account. Then we found it but I can't log on. When I put in my pin it prompts that it is locked and an administrator needs to sign in. However, there is no administrator login. I cant figure out how to get into our...
  4. Find lost device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find lost device: HelloI lost my device, when i try to use find my device, I can see last location but say we can't locate the device because haven't been use in the past 30 days but i did used 9 days ago. Also the last location don't match with the symbol that u can see in the maps. What can...
  5. Find lost device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find lost device: HelloI lost my device, when i try to use find my device, I can see last location but say we can't locate the device because haven't been use in the past 30 days but i did used 9 days ago. Also the last location don't match with the symbol that u can see in the maps. What can...
  6. I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why?: I lost my laptop and I try lock it through find my device but fail, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-laptop-and-i-try-lock-it-through-find-my/93c0776a-af12-47f7-a591-d7b1615de7dd
  7. Find my device lock

Find my device lock: I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?...
  8. Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.: Quick question, I’ve seen the feature on windows 10 for find my device in case my HP probook is stolen. Can’t the thief just erase the drive and reinstall windows to bypass this? Or is it usually locked to a chipset or windows serial key if tried? submitted by...
  9. Find my lost or stolen device

Find my lost or stolen device: How do i find the last known location of a device that has had the location or find my device settings turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-lost-or-stolen-device/56326dc3-95cf-47b9-a8bc-e798cc486407"
  10. Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device: How to: Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device How to Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use the Find my device feature to locate and lock it remotely. Find my device uses your...