Windows 10: Find date I installed?

Discus and support Find date I installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kjw, Jan 12, 2016.

1. KJW
    kjw Win User

Find date I installed?

I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have a backup of one program that was made before I upgraded, I can just reinstall the program and all is well. If I don't, per the software designer, I've just lost 3 years of work because Dropbox can't find the missing pathways. I just can't remember when December 2015 I finally upgraded.

:)

2. How do I find the exact date that I installed Windows 10 ?

Thanks, so easy. I don't know why Microsoft would make this so difficult to find. I found nothing on their Help Page.

My guess was one day off.

Thanks again.

Imagonna Crash, Jan 12, 2016
  3. How do I find the exact date that I installed Windows 10 ?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know the installation date of Windows. We will help you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type systeminfo and hit Enter.
    • Scroll a bit above in the list it shows Original Windows install Date.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Find date I installed?

Hi Kjw, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Open the Command Prompt and enter this command:
    Code: systeminfo | find /i "install date"[/quote]
    It shows you the exact date and time Windows was installed:

Find date I installed? [​IMG]

5. KJW
    kjw Win User
    I know nothing about computers, don't want to screw this up more than it is, and have never opened one before. How do I open a command prompt?

6. Kari Win User
    Bring the mouse pointer on top of the Start button, the Windows logo at bottom left of your display. Click the right mouse button, it opens a so called Context Menu shown in the screenshot below. Select Command Prompt:

Find date I installed? [​IMG]

7. KJW
    kjw Win User
    Worked like a charm! Thanks so very much!!!
    kj

8. Kari Win User

Find date I installed?

You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Find date I installed?

1. Find date I installed? - Similar Threads - Find date installed

2. How do I find the original install dates of wifi and programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the original install dates of wifi and programs?: My family member replaced our Fios with a realteck RTL8188E wireless LAN 801.11n PCI-E NIC. I saw the original dates and times that he did it. Then it changed. He changed permissions and set up team viewer. Now all the dates are backdated. I know the exact date and time he...
  3. How do I find the original install dates of wifi and programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the original install dates of wifi and programs?: My family member replaced our Fios with a realteck RTL8188E wireless LAN 801.11n PCI-E NIC. I saw the original dates and times that he did it. Then it changed. He changed permissions and set up team viewer. Now all the dates are backdated. I know the exact date and time he...
  4. How do I find the original install dates of wifi and programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to find out when a software or app was installed in […] This article How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How can I find my laptop manufacture date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I find my laptop manufacture date?: Hi there, I've a Dell laptop, OS Windows 10 Pro, and the need is to find when my laptop was manufactured. I've never thought about finding my device's manufacture date; I've looked in the system setting but couldn't sort it out. How can I know it? Thanks, Tyeberg....
  7. Installed on date ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed on date ?: Something I just noticed after updating 4 desktop PC's in my home is that after going from 1903 to 1909 the installed on date still reflects the date I installed 1903 back in June. If you go into settings,system then about at the bottom were it says "Windows specifications"...
  8. Finding a photo by last modified date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding a photo by last modified date: How do I find a photo by create date/last modified date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-photo-by-last-modified-date/5f89975a-7e0a-4094-ae0e-b80c57b0c0d5"
  9. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Find the installation date of an operating system: Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory, if you have missed this part when an Operating System was installed, here’s a PowerShell solution to that. Open PowerShell as...
  10. Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time: How to: Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time How to Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time [img] Information This tutorial will show you different ways on how to find the original date and time for when your current Windows 10 was installed on your...