Windows 10: Find date I installed?

Discus and support Find date I installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kjw, Jan 12, 2016.

1. KJW
    kjw Win User

Find date I installed?

I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have a backup of one program that was made before I upgraded, I can just reinstall the program and all is well. If I don't, per the software designer, I've just lost 3 years of work because Dropbox can't find the missing pathways. I just can't remember when December 2015 I finally upgraded.

:)

2. How do I find the exact date that I installed Windows 10 ?

Thanks, so easy. I don't know why Microsoft would make this so difficult to find. I found nothing on their Help Page.

My guess was one day off.

Thanks again.

Imagonna Crash, Jan 12, 2016
  3. How do I find the exact date that I installed Windows 10 ?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know the installation date of Windows. We will help you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type systeminfo and hit Enter.
    • Scroll a bit above in the list it shows Original Windows install Date.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Find date I installed?

Hi Kjw, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Open the Command Prompt and enter this command:
    Code: systeminfo | find /i "install date"[/quote]
    It shows you the exact date and time Windows was installed:

Find date I installed? [​IMG]

5. KJW
    kjw Win User
    I know nothing about computers, don't want to screw this up more than it is, and have never opened one before. How do I open a command prompt?

6. Kari Win User
    Bring the mouse pointer on top of the Start button, the Windows logo at bottom left of your display. Click the right mouse button, it opens a so called Context Menu shown in the screenshot below. Select Command Prompt:

Find date I installed? [​IMG]

7. KJW
    kjw Win User
    Worked like a charm! Thanks so very much!!!
    kj

8. Kari Win User

Find date I installed?

You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Find date I installed?

1. Find date I installed? - Similar Threads - Find date installed

2. Finding a photo by last modified date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding a photo by last modified date: How do I find a photo by create date/last modified date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-photo-by-last-modified-date/5f89975a-7e0a-4094-ae0e-b80c57b0c0d5"
  3. I have an installed APP showing in the Settings but cannot find it installed

I have an installed APP showing in the Settings but cannot find it installed: I show an app "Dell Support Assist" in the Settings grouping of all the installed apps, but it is actually not available (if that is the right word). I have searched and not found it. I tried to reinstall it from the Dell website but it tells me I already have it. I tried to...
  4. THIS SOUNDS DUMB HOW DO I FIND A BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE

THIS SOUNDS DUMB HOW DO I FIND A BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE: HOW DO I FIND BACK UP TO A DIFFERENT DATE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sounds-dumb-how-do-i-find-a-back-up-to-a/17f1b19c-43b2-4cb1-9c05-f320cb6ad7c1"
  5. Incorrect installation date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect installation date?: Hi I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is about 2 years old. The system information gives the original install date as 23 October 2018, and the logs all begin only on 22 October 2018. I cannot find a system restore point before this either. I have not actively reinstalled...
  6. Cannot find date and time for my country.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find date and time for my country.: Am trying to find and then change date and time for my location. Between settings and Control Panel, I have exhausted all options in trying to set it for where I am currently which is in the Philippines. I figured at least would have seen something for Manila but that or the...
  7. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Find the installation date of an operating system: Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory, if you have missed this part when an Operating System was installed, here’s a PowerShell solution to that. Open PowerShell as...
  8. Installed programs - wrong install dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  9. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  10. Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time: How to: Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time How to Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time *Arrow systeminfo | find "Original Install Date" [img] OPTION TWO [/i] Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time using WMIC Command 1. Open...