Windows 10: Find device

Discus and support Find device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Find My Device the last login date shows as November 8 and it remains as Novemner 8 each time I visit the location page. However, the actual address... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonAlisaM, Nov 11, 2020.

1. JonAlisaM Win User

Find device

In Find My Device the last login date shows as November 8 and it remains as Novemner 8 each time I visit the location page. However, the actual address of the last location keeps changing. Why?

To reiterate and confirm - the last activity/login date does not change from November 8 but the last address does. So it is clear the device has not been back online so why does MS location data keep changing. My understanding is MS uses IP address for location when the device laptop in this case does not support GPS. I assume that is somehow related to why the address changes but then what use is the location service through MS? TIA

:)

JonAlisaM, Nov 11, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 11, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 11, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Find device

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Find device

1. Find device - Similar Threads - Find device

2. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...: My laptop is lost and when I try to find ut through find my device it says can't find since t hasn't been used fkr the past 30 days which is true. How can I find it? And it showes my battery percentage is 0 as well....
  3. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...: My laptop is lost and when I try to find ut through find my device it says can't find since t hasn't been used fkr the past 30 days which is true. How can I find it? And it showes my battery percentage is 0 as well....
  4. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  6. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  7. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  9. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  10. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware