Windows 10: Find devices on my network

Discus and support Find devices on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #Creet2011972, Oct 21, 2018.

1. #Creet2011972 Win User

Find devices on my network

I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?

:)

#Creet2011972, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Oct 21, 2018
  3. putermaker Win User
    Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Find devices on my network [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Mystere Win User

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Find devices on my network - Similar Threads - Find devices network

2. Find my device.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device.: Hi Guys. My PC got stolen last night from my office, is there a way i can use "Find my device" to locate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/409bef07-23f3-4322-82b8-7224169e039d"
  3. Find devices on my network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find devices on my network: I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?...
  4. i cant find my device in devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant find my device in devices: Hey, i newly bought a new device (thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider racing wheel) and plugged it in to my pc, my pc doesn't find it. the led on my racing wheel is turned on, but my computer won't find it. Please help, Martin...
  5. The Lock option on the Find My Device tab of my Devices on my Microsoft Account

The Lock option on the Find My Device tab of my Devices on my Microsoft Account: My laptop has been stolen through a broken car window. I have headed to my Microsoft Account and to my Devices (https://account.microsoft.com/devices) and then Find My Device tab for my stolen laptop. The last location is from May 2018, so I think I turned the location...
  6. Find my device issues

Find my device issues: Hi dear I am concerning about the windows 10 find my device program on my asus laptop . Please read carefully what i asked I have turned on my find device protection and also with windows login password protected . What i was concerning is if my laptop is stolen, there...
  7. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...
  8. Find my device on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Find my device on Windows 10 desktop: Find my device Is not available under settings, update and security on my desktop PC. Whereas it is for my laptop. Can only one be tracked or is it suppressed because it's a desktop? I'm not bothered, I'm hardly going to mis place my huge desktop but was just curious...
  9. Find My Device isn't Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Find My Device isn't Working: Everything is set up correctly: find my device is on, location services and location is on, Maps apps can find my location as well as google chrome. However, account.microsoft.com/devices shows an error "We can't find your device" and tells me that last location was from...
  10. Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available

in Windows 10 Support
    Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available: I've been upgrading all my family's computers to Windows 10, and none of them have the "Find My Device" option under Updates in Settings. Even when logging in to their account on the MS website the "Find My Device" option is missing. They are all up-to-date and have build...