Windows 10: Find devices on my network

Discus and support Find devices on my network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by #Creet2011972, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Find devices on my network

I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?

:)

#Creet2011972, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Find devices on my network [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Mystere Win User

Find devices on my network

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Find devices on my network

1. Find devices on my network - Similar Threads - Find devices network

2. Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device: My WIN 10 laptop has been stolen. I see that the location is currently unknown and it is OFF and the battery is 0%. First I'd like to know if I have to Refresh MS Edge to get a new reading? And second, a previous try the first time I used the program it gave an address. Are...
  3. Find My Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find My Device: So on Thursday 5-12-22 Morning, my work bag that had my laptop, p4, switch and various work items and medications were stolen. I have gone onto the Microsoft account and have been searching for my laptop. I am given a location for my laptop, but once I refresh the browser I...
  4. Find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my device: How accurate is the find my device? My laptop was stolen yesterday and I keep signing in to find my device but it shows a different location in my neighborhood Everytime I sign in. Once it even said it was at a fire department...
  5. My windows 10 machine not finding device on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows 10 machine not finding device on my network: I have a network media storage device on my network, my windows 7 discovers the device in my network, but my Windows 10 will not. My Windows 10 machine does see other computers on the network, including network printers, except this medial storage device. I can ping the...
  6. Find My Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Find My Device: I cannot find the App on my HP desktop. I cannot find my Apple mobile phone, even though I have successfully used the device before today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/0b6a81ad-9609-42d4-859f-4b9db61f2953
  7. Find my device

Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  8. Find my device

Find my device: Hi There, Unfortunately one of my colleagues lost a computer Today, I saw that there's a feature on W10 called "Find my device". The point is: Why is Find My Device feature not available for work or school account's? Is there any other feature we can use to track a...
  9. Find my device

Find my device: Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the device is in my home. I cannot find it. Does this date indicate that it was definitely in the location shown on that particular...
  10. Find devices on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find devices on my network: I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?...