Windows 10: Find files with names with spaces

Discus and support Find files with names with spaces in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created duplicate files by accident in my music library, for example, I will have01 You Got It.m4a and 01 You Got It 2.m4aI, therefore, want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yakima3, Jun 8, 2021.

1. yakima3 Win User

Find files with names with spaces

I have created duplicate files by accident in my music library, for example, I will have01 You Got It.m4a and 01 You Got It 2.m4aI, therefore, want to search all files that end on _2.m4a where my underscore represents a space for explanation.However, when I search on "* 2.m4a" with or without the quotes, it returns files like 01 Zoriori De Ziua 2.m4a correct and 23 Urare.m4a based on finding a 2 and m4a in the filename. This is incorrect.How do I search so that Windows understand that I explicitly only want files that ends on _2.m4a where my underscore represents a space for clarity.Thank

:)

yakima3, Jun 8, 2021
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Jun 8, 2021
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Find files with names with spaces

C: drive progressively loses space

Hi Piglet. Welcome to the TenForums @Piglet

I would suggest that you install a tool like Everything from Voidtools.

Downloads - voidtools

With this tool you should be able to sort by size and at least identify the file names of the offending space stealers. You can also sort by date modified and you should be able to see these new files being creating.

Once you have some file names then members may have a better idea of what the next steps are.

Caledon Ken, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Find files with names with spaces

1. Find files with names with spaces - Similar Threads - Find files names

2. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  3. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  4. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blank space in front of file names, List view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank space in front of file names, List view?: Windows 11, file explorer: I was viewing files in list view, selected a few, and accidentally clicked Copy as Path I was aiming for Properties and missed. Now, ALL my files and folders in List view have this weird blank space in front of them. It's the size and place that a...
  6. Files with a space in the name cannot open

Files with a space in the name cannot open: This problem has been going on for a while now. Every time I open a file with a space in the name example name.png, windows will spit out an error. It is really annoying, and I want to know if there is a fix Thanks for any and all help, Winterfoxx P.S.: I have other...
  7. How to find a File name?

How to find a File name?: I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email I go to file Explorer click on what I want to send, hit open then the box to the left of the open key asks for the file name, what and where can I find the "File...
  8. Finding files with obscure names

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding files with obscure names: Files may appear in Windows Explorer with names that give no clue as to their nature or purpose. The names may be important to allow programs that depend on them to find them, or there may be other reasons why they should not be changed. What is the best way to add metadata...
  9. how to find the file name for a DVD

how to find the file name for a DVD: I loaded a DVD into my desktop PC and I don't know how to find that file. Where should I look for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-file-name-for-a-dvd/a92d4269-50c9-4952-955e-1b1395ef6fe6"
  10. Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content

in Windows 10 Support
    Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content: Hi. In Windows 10, is it possible to find documents with the same content but different filenames? 121161