Windows 10: Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

Discus and support Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update. Anyhow, I mentioned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pintree3, Nov 1, 2018.

1. pintree3 Win User

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update.
    Anyhow, I mentioned 2 of the problems in another post (Can't create a new folder in any way shape or form in Explorer for ex.)
    Sensing something strange I looked up to see when my last update was. It said an hour ago. That's impossible I was in front of my PC all along trying to fix this problem. Unless it did it in seconds during one of my reboots.
    Oh yeah I had looked up and clicked on 'Windows Elevated update installer'' and nothing popped up. I did it again with Administrator privileges and still nothing.
    Anyhow before (and after) this I ran "Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did."
    It started detecting windows update problems; It checked for pending updates;
    (See photos below)
    It found problems. First it tells me there are pending updates. BUT wait, didn't Windows tell me minutes ago that I have no updates and the latest one was done an hour ago?
    OK I Click on "Apply this Fix"
    Next it tells me "Repair Windows Update Database Corruption.
    I Click on "Apply this Fix"
    We then proceed to "Detecting Additional Problems"
    nothing happens and I am given the following results:
    Potential Windows Update Database error detected (fixed)
    Windows Update components must be repaired (fixed)
    Check for pending updates (fixed"

Well OK if the above is correct shouldn't it be rebooting? But it doesn't. So I do a manual reboot. Start the whole process again. Same thing, reboot. Start again. This time I don't reboot but run it anyhow and guess what seconds later after it says it fixed all it still shows me the same problems and the same fixes.
    Really? What on earth is going on?

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and [​IMG]

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and [​IMG]

:)

pintree3, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Nov 1, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and - Similar Threads - Find Fix Update

2. Printer says Offline. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer says Offline. How do I fix?: Windows 10 to Brother HL-L2395DW printer. Wireless connection to printer via Cisco router. The printer says Offline. How do I put it back online. Sincere thanks in advance. I've tried going to Ports & clicking SNMP Status Enabled and that does not work....
  3. Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and: Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update. Anyhow, I mentioned 2 of the problems in another post (Can't create a new folder in any way shape or form in Explorer for ex.) Sensing something...
  4. Windows Update problem, saying Error encountered ; what i should i do now ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update problem, saying Error encountered ; what i should i do now ?: , saying Error encountered ; what I shall I[ATTACH] do I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-problem-saying-error-encountered/4d80ba49-9bed-4c41-ae9c-951c284c2e67
  5. my email crashed again (as it did yesterday, and i fixed it temporarily) what do i do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my email crashed again (as it did yesterday, and i fixed it temporarily) what do i do?: email center crashed what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-email-crashed-again-as-it-did-yesterday-and-i/9de50106-6a4b-4dfd-9d7e-d5d66c69a900
  6. What did I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What did I do?: Based on everyones comments about Windows Defender, I removed my anti-virus, Panda, and will try Defender for a while. I started a quick scan for Defender. Halfway thru, it says "Status: partially unprotected." ????? Definitions up to date. No idea what that means. Theres no...
  7. What did Windows 10 update today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What did Windows 10 update today?: Today I got a mystery major update, but I have no idea what this update is. Any ideas? 47931
  8. WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WHAT Did MSoft Do To My PC on Their Upgrade: I can't even keep a stable session long enough to describe all the MSoft has screwed up on their update. Any suggestions? 62139
  9. Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!: [img] Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran! 28242
  10. what is the problem with "find" (not found as command)

in Windows 10 Support
    what is the problem with "find" (not found as command): Hello, my first post. Searched for the topic but could find no reference. I experience the following problem: "GoogleCloudSDKInstaller.exe" exits without completing the installation, details say: <"find" not recognized as internal or external command> I searched in my...