Windows 10: Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

Discus and support Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update. Anyhow, I mentioned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pintree3, Nov 5, 2018.

1. pintree3 Win User

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update.
    Anyhow, I mentioned 2 of the problems in another post (Can't create a new folder in any way shape or form in Explorer for ex.)
    Sensing something strange I looked up to see when my last update was. It said an hour ago. That's impossible I was in front of my PC all along trying to fix this problem. Unless it did it in seconds during one of my reboots.
    Oh yeah I had looked up and clicked on 'Windows Elevated update installer'' and nothing popped up. I did it again with Administrator privileges and still nothing.
    Anyhow before (and after) this I ran "Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did."
    It started detecting windows update problems; It checked for pending updates;
    (See photos below)
    It found problems. First it tells me there are pending updates. BUT wait, didn't Windows tell me minutes ago that I have no updates and the latest one was done an hour ago?
    OK I Click on "Apply this Fix"
    Next it tells me "Repair Windows Update Database Corruption.
    I Click on "Apply this Fix"
    We then proceed to "Detecting Additional Problems"
    nothing happens and I am given the following results:
    Potential Windows Update Database error detected (fixed)
    Windows Update components must be repaired (fixed)
    Check for pending updates (fixed"

Well OK if the above is correct shouldn't it be rebooting? But it doesn't. So I do a manual reboot. Start the whole process again. Same thing, reboot. Start again. This time I don't reboot but run it anyhow and guess what seconds later after it says it fixed all it still shows me the same problems and the same fixes.
    Really? What on earth is going on?

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and [​IMG]

Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and [​IMG]

:)

pintree3, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Nov 6, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and - Similar Threads - Find Fix Update

2. What did Windows 11 do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did Windows 11 do?: For months I have been looking for a solution for my HP printers.The update September 2023 denied access to my printersI found the solutions, got them to work, well as they did with the Windows 11 transition from Windows10.Then the solutions were were tested, they were from 4...
  3. What did Windows 11 do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What did Windows 11 do?: For months I have been looking for a solution for my HP printers.The update September 2023 denied access to my printersI found the solutions, got them to work, well as they did with the Windows 11 transition from Windows10.Then the solutions were were tested, they were from 4...
  4. Why did Ruth do what she did

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Ruth do what she did: Why did Ruth do what she did babiiannii14 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-ruth-do-what-she-did/28863fed-ba72-44f9-8869-fc7e0668de62
  5. Do NOT do what I did

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do NOT do what I did: I copied an image from my files and went to put it in a folder on my desktop. I accidentally hit paste after I right-clicked. This caused my screen to constantly flash white. If I right-clicked on the background it would flash white. I tried to change my background, that did...
  6. what the heck did windows do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what the heck did windows do?: Hi Kids,So with Windows 10 is it me or is something weird with windows and the desktop now where if you try to drag and drop an icon for pretty much anything the little buggers won't stay put.It might be my video card or driver or something but I've seen it happen on other...
  7. Recent windows update did this, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent windows update did this, how do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rsampaths16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eamx8s/recent_windows_update_did_this_how_do_i_fix_this/
  8. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

in Cortana
    Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?: Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did something go wrong or is it a change? using Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)...
  9. Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and

in Windows 10 Support
    Find & Fix Windows Update Problems doesn't do what it says it did--and: Since a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home things are just not going well. I assume some of it may have to do with the new Update. Anyhow, I mentioned 2 of the problems in another post (Can't create a new folder in any way shape or form in Explorer for ex.) Sensing something...
  10. What did I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What did I do?: Based on everyones comments about Windows Defender, I removed my anti-virus, Panda, and will try Defender for a while. I started a quick scan for Defender. Halfway thru, it says "Status: partially unprotected." ????? Definitions up to date. No idea what that means. Theres no...