Windows 10: Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

Discus and support Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am looking for a freeware utility or perhaps something with a small price tag that can search a folder, and return a list of subfolders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by muzicman82, May 5, 2017.

1. Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

Hi all,

I am looking for a freeware utility or perhaps something with a small price tag that can search a folder, and return a list of subfolders that do NOT contain a specific file type. So, I'm not looking to find files, but looking to find folders that don't contain something.

With the search results, I'd either delete or move them as a batch.

Ideas?

:)

muzicman82, May 5, 2017

2. Windows explorer can't find file types in a Google Drive folder, but can find them on the whole computer

Hello!

I'm trying to search a specific folder for a filetype in my Google Drive folder like this:

Search Google Drive: *.pdf

..and I got "No items match your search".

But when I search the whole computer (either "This PC" or "C:") I can find them.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't need to search the whole C; drive every time I need a file.

Thanks

ClayRehling, May 5, 2017
  3. mccbleue Win User
    mccbleue, May 5, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

An issue with such a search is a Folder can hold a subFolder which can hold a subFolder of its own which can hold a subFolder, etc., all of which can be empty except each parent Folder will have at least 1 item in it.

Berton, May 5, 2017
  5. gpglang Win User
    In Google: powershell delete all empty folders ( is for free )

gpglang, May 5, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    windows 7 - Find folders NOT containing a particular filemask - Software Recommendations Stack Exchange
    You can use the shareware XYplorer, which has a 30-day trial period. In version 14.80, it introduced the feature that you want: Find Containing Folders. Now you can list all folders containing a certain file or file type, files of a certain size or age, or with certain other properties. You can as well list all folders NOT containing such files.

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion [​IMG]

Quicksearch - example with switch.

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion [​IMG]

(You can just see the switch on the bottom - sorry, clipped the text)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

1. Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion - Similar Threads - Find Folders Without

2. Jfif filetype

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jfif filetype: I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge problem when files are saved to different folders and I can't track when the change starts. What are the tells that will cause...
  3. Set default program without changing filetype icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set default program without changing filetype icon: Does anyone know a method to set a default app (e.g., make PDF open with Sumatra PDF) while still retaining the custom .ico I have set for that file extension? I am using IconPackager, but have also tried using FileTypesMan. The filetype still shows the defaults app icon even...
  4. Need to Find Open File/Folder

Need to Find Open File/Folder: Hello - I have a folder that contains 20+GB files & sub-folders. I need to rename the folder and am getting the message saying "Can't be completed because a file is open in another program. Close the folder/file & try again." Then it says the folder name and the date...
  5. Settings: 'Choose a default app by filetype'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings: 'Choose a default app by filetype': I am trying to set a default app for an extension but the default apps list won't show the app even though it is operational, listed under 'Apps and features' and valid. How can I select this app?...
  6. App Suggestions

App Suggestions: Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one? [img] 168912
  7. setting default app for filetype

setting default app for filetype: Hello -- What did I miss here? I wanted to change the default app to process a zip file --- So I when to the screen to set the default apps, selected the option to set the app by file type I then scrolled down the list an found .zip clicked on it and...
  8. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  9. 'Choose default app by filetype' broken for non-Store apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Choose default app by filetype' broken for non-Store apps: I cannot select a new default app for a filetype. I am using a Surface Go with S mode disabled and 'Allow apps from anywhere' selected under 'Settings > Apps > Apps & features.' The app I want to set as a default (Notepad++) is a downloaded executable, not an app from the...
  10. suggested apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    suggested apps: how do I turn off suggested apps from instalng and showing up on my start automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/suggested-apps/352f9108-e745-468b-b07d-b3c31b486507