Windows 10: Find log files & build a readable composite

Discus and support Find log files & build a readable composite in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I seek a utility that will traverse the entire system to find log files & build a readable composite. Search scope: ideally, C:\... Search scope: at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Find log files & build a readable composite

I seek a utility that will traverse the entire system to find log files & build a readable composite.

Search scope: ideally, C:\...
    Search scope: at least C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\... C:\ESD\... C:\logs\... C:\OEM\... C:\PerfLogs\... C:\Program Files\... C:\ProgramData\... C:\Recovery\... C:\Users\... C:\Windows\... (...more?)

Inputs: *.etl *.evt *.evtx (...more?)

Output: ideally plain text, one event per line preceeded by yyyymmdd_hhmmss.nnnnnnnnn (i.e., year+month+day_hour+minute+second.nanoseconds).

Tools: My text editor can handle multi-gigabyte files, can sort by columns, can reformat lines by arbitrary criteria, and has a built-in regular expression processor.

Info: My system currently has 2267 such files.

Advance Thanks, and Warm Regards,
    Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 13, 2018
  3. timta2 Win User
    8800 GTS 512 - Composite/S-Video Out?

Oh thats a bummer. I did a little searching around and it sounds like Nvidia isn't supporting S-Video and Composite in the newer drivers anymore. I would suggest contacting tech support of the company that makes your card (You don't have it listed in your profile) and ask them if it is supported.

timta2, Nov 13, 2018
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

Find log files & build a readable composite

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

Find log files & build a readable composite

1. Find log files & build a readable composite - Similar Threads - Find log files

2. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  3. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  4. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. xlr files open but not readable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xlr files open but not readable: xlr files open but not readable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlr-files-open-but-not-readable/daebf949-c55b-4771-a1b0-523082372696
  6. Readable File Backup

Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  7. Readability problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Readability problems: On my small 10.1 screen in a number of situations I am finding the text difficult to read, sometimes because of the size of the font, more often it is the colour of the font against the background. This applies to some apps and often with system popup windows. I have just...
  8. File is visible on network but not readable or writtable.

File is visible on network but not readable or writtable.: I moved from windows 7 to window 10 about a month ago, and been fighting with windows 10 networking system. I have a computer that set apart for storing all the files I needwindows 10. When I access the computer through the network on my computeralso windows 10, I'm able to...
  9. HD readable but has issue with transfering files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HD readable but has issue with transfering files: Hello, I have an extra hard disk 500GB I found unused so I bought an enclosure for it to make it like external hard drive. The issue is, when plug it to computer and try to transfer files around 200MB it starts with decent speed then slows down to about 1 hour or less....
  10. How to remove corrupted or readable file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove corrupted or readable file: Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin. Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder. SO...what to do? Thanks. RON 97893