Windows 10: find MS software licence codes

Discus and support find MS software licence codes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I find my MS product licence code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Dundas, Oct 27, 2019.

1. find MS software licence codes

How do I find my MS product licence code

:)

David Dundas, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 27, 2019
  3. MS: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

MS changes licence retrspectively too!

My friend has a eMachines PC complete with OEM installed copy of XP home. The PC stopped working, I investigated and found the power supply blown - easy and cheap to fix £30 - a new power supply from PCWorld. *Smile find MS software licence codes :)
    Then USB and audio on motherboard was found to have failed - easy and cheap to fix - new mother board. £30.*Smile find MS software licence codes :)

So for £60 I have a working PC BUT what is this? XP wants to be validated.
    OK I phone MS and they are very helpful. I put in my valid key and ... Oh dear it is no good. *Mad find MS software licence codes :mad:

After speaking with a number of MS staff they tell me that they cannot help me as it is an OEM copy and give me the number of the eMachines support. I phone the "tech guys" and they are very helpful, tell me how other customers have had the same problem and ask for my extended support contract details - as soon as I say I haven't one they tell me they cannot help me... *Bang Head :banghead:

Back to MicroSoft, it seems the line is new motherboard = new pc = new XP licence
    (cost £199 from PC world). I could get a new PC for not much more than £200 complete with another OEM licence!

I haven't upgraded the PC, I have changed nothing but the powersupply and motherboard. The PC has the same CPU, same memory, same hard disk, same case, same CD drive, same floppy. But microsoft insist it is 'new' and needs a full licence.

Microsoft's policy may help their bank balance and manufacturers of complete pcs but it contibutes to waste, adds to global warming and increases the number of disaffected microsoft users by 2.

So how do I get at all my photos and applications and data? MS answer is to pay for a full licence £199; my answer is to install a second hard drive £50, install linux (free) and copy over my pics, mp3s and data. I will need some new apps too as MS office wont work on linux.

So Microsoft, you have lost me (and my friend) lost future upgrade licence fees to vista, lost MS office licence fees and driven me reluctantly to linux.

PCWorld, I will now advise not to buy a PC with MS windows unless you are willing to pay for ongoing support that covers windows licence costs should the motherboard fail.

BrianHunter, Oct 27, 2019
  4. find MS software licence codes

MS SQL server licence

1) I have 2+ hardware hosts with vmware virtualization, and i have 3 virtual MS SQL servers. Can i migrate all 3 MS SQL servers on one hardware host and use only one MS SQL enterprice licence for 3 separated MS SQL servers. Or i need to buy 3 MS SQL licence
    for each MS SQL server?

2) Also do i need a licence for test-servers.

DmitrijsĻahs, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

find MS software licence codes

1. find MS software licence codes - Similar Threads - find software licence

2. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  3. Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer Software Licence info Not MS Software using RegEdit?: Hi,I am trying to transfer a purchased licenced software from an old Win11 Pro machine to a new Win 11 Pro one.My problem is that I purchased the software in 2008, and have moved it several times in the interim, latterly 2022.The original suppliers bluelakestechnology.com,...
  4. Ms Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ms Software: I installed MS software "Fast" in win 10. Cannot find it. I want to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-software/42150b8c-3cc9-49ad-9f30-919272729b55
  5. MS Software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Software: installed MS software "Fast" in win 10 Home. Cannot find it. I want to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-software/f3a9e7f5-36bd-4dd8-8f10-ed3aeeda7e01
  6. MS licence expiration warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS licence expiration warning: Since last preview upgrade, I get this message frequently that the licence will soon end and that I should contact my SW dealer. it also seemed to azppear at a growing frequency and locks the entire screen until I click "go to settings" or "close"... in the settings I see...
  7. Product Licence Code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Licence Code: Microsoft requires a 25 digit Product License. Settings in my computer only shows me 20 digits as my product code. Where can I find the full 25 digit license code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-licence-code/85f32afb-9a25-4bfd-85e3-c1ee1f110b7d"
  8. MS Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Software: I have purchased a few items under an account I am no longer using since I have a new PC. Do I hve to buy them again or can I transfer them over to this one? It's a different email address....
  9. activation and licencing issues for MS Access

activation and licencing issues for MS Access: WHILE IN THE PROCESS OF OPENING MS ACCESS IN MY LAPTOP "POWERED BY WINDOWS 10 HOME" I AM ASKED FOR SIGNING IN WITH MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT, AFTER DOING THE SAME THE SCREE SHOWS THE POPUP/NOTIFICATION THAT "THE PRODUCT WE FOUND IN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN'T BE USED TO ACTIVATE ACCESS...
  10. Linking digital licences to MS Account.

Linking digital licences to MS Account.: We all now that we can link the digital licence now to our MS account, using Redstone. However, I have just discovered something slightly disconcerting. I have 14393.5 Home, upgraded from retail 8.1 on my PC, and it was registered as a device on my MS account, and shows...