Windows 10: Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins

Discus and support Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft chat was exceedingly useless in answering this question so trying here. In Find My Device the last login date shows as May 29 and it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jen2, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Jen2 Win User

Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins

Microsoft chat was exceedingly useless in answering this question so trying here.

In Find My Device the last login date shows as May 29 and it remains as May 29 each time I visit the location page. However, the actual address of the last location keeps changing. Why?

To reiterate and confirm - the last activity/login date does not change from May 29 but the last address does. So it is clear the device has not been back online so why does MS location data keep changing. My understanding is MS uses IP address for location when the device laptop in this case does not support GPS. I assume that is somehow related to why the address changes but then what use is the location service through MS? TIA

:)

Jen2, Jun 8, 2020

2. Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, Jun 8, 2020
  3. changing computer login screen email address

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.
    After you have logged in with a local account follow the steps to login using a different Microsoft Account.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins

Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins

1. Find My Device address keeps changing, but no new logins - Similar Threads - Find Device address

2. How to change email address on login for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email address on login for new laptop.: Recently, I received a new laptop for Christmas. I set it up all happy with myself however when I logged onto it the next day it said ‘parent consent needed.’ I checked my gmail setting and changed my dob as I realised my it was incorrect and tried to log in again. As im not...
  3. How to change email address on login for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email address on login for new laptop.: Recently, I received a new laptop for Christmas. I set it up all happy with myself however when I logged onto it the next day it said ‘parent consent needed.’ I checked my gmail setting and changed my dob as I realised my it was incorrect and tried to log in again. As im not...
  4. Microsoft account find device shows my previous address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account find device shows my previous address: When I go to my Microsoft account from settings on Windows 11 and click devices and then click find device against my PC, it shows as y previous address.. If I click payments and billing, I have updated it to my new address but when I click the find my device, it still shows...
  5. Microsoft account find device shows my previous address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account find device shows my previous address: When I go to my Microsoft account from settings on Windows 11 and click devices and then click find device against my PC, it shows as y previous address.. If I click payments and billing, I have updated it to my new address but when I click the find my device, it still shows...
  6. Ip Addresses keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ip Addresses keeps Changing: Hi. Please assist Windows 10 Constantly keeps Changing my IP Address Apart from my Router IP Address & this includes all my Network IP Addresses How Can I Stop this,it is create Problems & also with my WIFI Extender Thank you Darryl...
  7. Want to change my login email address on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to change my login email address on my computer: Due to various issues with my previous email address I need to change it. But also i do NOT want to reset up everything I have for this old email address in Windows again - ie. were everything is, etc on the desktop, etc. I had to delete my old windows email address due...
  8. Change Login Email Address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  9. finding my IP address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    finding my IP address: I have a HP all in one Desktop with Windows 10. I need to find the location for my IP address. To view the IP address of a wireless connection, select WiFi on the left menu pane and click Advanced Options, your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address. I don't have...
  10. IP Address Keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address Keeps changing: Well, my IP address keeps changing randomly. I have gone into the "Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties" and I have set up the information but my IP address just keeps changing. And the change is really strange because I will go from the East Coast to the West Coast in a...