Windows 10: "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

Discus and support "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have "find my device" enabled on my windows 10. I am opting to sign in as local account instead of microsoft account. Would this not allow me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TwistedEther, Feb 19, 2019.

1. "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

Hi, I have "find my device" enabled on my windows 10. I am opting to sign in as local account instead of microsoft account. Would this not allow me to use "find my device" feature on the web to locate my laptop?

:)

TwistedEther, Feb 19, 2019

2. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 19, 2019
  4. "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

"Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

1. "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in? - Similar Threads - Find Device feature

2. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  3. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  4. Windows Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Find my Device Feature: If trying to locate a device, and said device's battery is dead, does the location service not work? My laptop is missing and it says it is unable to locate the device....
  5. Windows Find my Device Feature

Windows Find my Device Feature: If trying to locate a device, and said device's battery is dead, does the location service not work? My laptop is missing and it says it is unable to locate the device....
  6. Windows Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Issue with Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Find my Device Feature: Hi GuysMy laptop was stolen early in the morning of 22 April 2022. I've logged in as administrator and managed to locate the device last update on 22 April 2022. However, i cannot lock it anymore because i believe the device has not connected online. I've tried this option...
  8. Issue with Find my Device Feature

Issue with Find my Device Feature: Hi GuysMy laptop was stolen early in the morning of 22 April 2022. I've logged in as administrator and managed to locate the device last update on 22 April 2022. However, i cannot lock it anymore because i believe the device has not connected online. I've tried this option...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. can't find Sign in with a local account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't find Sign in with a local account instead: Hello Everyone, I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find my device with local user

2. use localaccount to find my device