Windows 10: "find my device" is wrong

Discus and support "find my device" is wrong in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop PC is located in South Carolina. When I execute "find my device" from microsoft.com, it shows my desktop computer to be located... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fred_Snutts, Dec 17, 2019.

1. "find my device" is wrong

My Windows 10 desktop PC is located in South Carolina. When I execute "find my device" from microsoft.com, it shows my desktop computer to be located 1000 miles away in Kansas. This is not an IP issue, since my IP address is associated with a company a few miles away. Is there a fix for this problem?

:)

Fred_Snutts, Dec 17, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 17, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 17, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

"find my device" is wrong

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

"find my device" is wrong

1. "find my device" is wrong - Similar Threads - find device wrong

2. Why is find my device wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  3. Why is find my device wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  4. Why is find my device wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Find My Device

Find My Device: My WIN 10 laptop has been stolen. I see that the location is currently unknown and it is OFF and the battery is 0%. First I'd like to know if I have to Refresh MS Edge to get a new reading? And second, a previous try the first time I used the program it gave an address. Are...
  6. Find My Device map shows wrong location

Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  7. Find my device

Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  8. Find My Device location is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find My Device location is wrong: I tested out "Find My Device" on my HP Laptop Windows 10. The location it shows is not where the laptop is located -- it is off by quite a bit. I checked that "Location" is on, and that "Maps" can access location. Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks....
  9. Find my device wrong post code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find my device wrong post code: Just setup Find my Device and when I tested it online, it comes up with the right address apart from the postcode. It's not far off, but it isn't correct and doesn't match the first line of the address. I don't understand how it can get this wrong... Any info I should know...
  10. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city: Hi, I was looking at my account information and clicked the Find My PC option. It showed a map and it said my PC was located inside the circle. Well, the circle was around a whole city. It happens to be the wrong city. I live about 28 miles away roughly from the center of...