Windows 10: Find my device lock

Discus and support Find my device lock in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lbc21csb, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Lbc21csb Win User

Find my device lock

I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?

:)

Lbc21csb, Mar 1, 2021

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Find my device lock

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Find my device lock

1. Find my device lock - Similar Threads - Find device lock

2. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  3. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  4. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  6. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  7. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  8. Has the lock in find my device worked?

Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  9. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Lock button not available in Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock button not available in Find My Device: My laptop was stolen and I was trying to lock it by using the Find My Device feature. However, I only see the Find button but no Lock button. Is there a reason why I don't have that option? [ATTACH]...