Windows 10: Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts.

Discus and support Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys currently the Microsoft documentation says that you cannot utilise Find my device on Work or School accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sunfrogz, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts.

Hi guys currently the Microsoft documentation says that you cannot utilise Find my device on Work or School accounts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11579/microsoft-account-find-and-lock-lost-windows-device

Has Microsoft provided any method for administrators to utilise this feature? Perhaps through Azure or Intune?

This feature would be useful for us as we are a K12 school that regularly has students losing/misplacing their devices.

submitted by /u/sunfrogz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sunfrogz, Aug 14, 2020

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Eiji T Win User
    Work or school account can't be removed from the device

First of all, are you using a Microsoft account or a local account to sign in to your PC? I really don't see an issue with the current user account if you're trying to remove a different Microsoft account in Settings.

Did you have Office 365 installed before and your work/school account added to it? What does it exactly say when you try to manage that account in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts? Usually it will open a new windows where you sign in, although even if
    you sign in to it, I don't think you can do anything relevant unless you're one of the administrators for that work/school network.

You can try these steps and see if it will work for you. Please make sure you're sign in to an administrator account in your PC first:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info

2. Click "Sign in with a local account instead" if your Microsoft account is added. You might be signed out after this step.

3. Sign back in. Then go to Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

4. Click "Disconnect" and see if that works.

If it worked, you can sign your Microsoft account back in.

You can refer to the link below for more info:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Please tell me whatever the results are.

Eiji T, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts.

1. Find my device Windows 10 for work or school accounts. - Similar Threads - Find device school

2. Work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work or school account: Hi I've seen in my task manager for a few days work or school account .I didn't make one and it's weird that I see it in task manager when I run my pc as an administrator I'd appreciate if someone can clarify why this happens....
  3. Work or school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work or school account: Hi I've seen in my task manager for a few days work or school account .I didn't make one and it's weird that I see it in task manager when I run my pc as an administrator I'd appreciate if someone can clarify why this happens....
  4. How to remove a work or school account from my device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a work or school account from my device?: I've tried multiple solutions but none have worked.I had a friend use my laptop and they put their account in, this was long ago and they've left the organization so now I'm trying to remove the account but nothing seems to be working.There is a 'remove' button under account...
  5. How to remove a work or school account from my device?

How to remove a work or school account from my device?: I've tried multiple solutions but none have worked.I had a friend use my laptop and they put their account in, this was long ago and they've left the organization so now I'm trying to remove the account but nothing seems to be working.There is a 'remove' button under account...
  6. Find my device not working

Find my device not working: Windows can't track my laptop.How to restore that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device-not-working/7897e7a6-9451-4c73-869b-15f938f4feea
  7. School and work account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    School and work account: I want to remove my school account but I can’t access to setting called access work or school in setting app what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-and-work-account/3230000b-1c3b-4e44-847e-385a940a626b
  8. work/school account

in Windows 10 Customization
    work/school account: everytime i open teams i am required to sign in due to "sign in errors". when i sign in as required, a dialogue box pops up stating that my device has problems with my work/school account and have to sign in again. instead of having to sign in everytime i use the app, is...
  9. Work or school account can't be removed from the device

Work or school account can't be removed from the device: I've got a "work or school" account to which I no longer have access. I keep receiving notifications from Windows that say that "it needs to be fixed". So I'm trying to remove it doing this: 1. Go to settings. 2. Click "Accounts". 3. Click "Access work or school" on the...
  10. Work School account

Work School account: We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password. When users reset their password, outlook...