Windows 10: Find my device

Discus and support Find my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarmelKane1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Find my device

Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the device is in my home. I cannot find it. Does this date indicate that it was definitely in the location shown on that particular date?

Its just that I have suspicion that I may have left it behind me at another location but that was about 2 weeks before the above date shown 9ie 22/07/2019). I just want to rule out the possibility, that I didn't leave it behind me in the other place.

:)

CarmelKane1, Sep 26, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 26, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 26, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Find my device

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Find my device

1. Find my device - Similar Threads - Find device

2. How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager: I can’t see my Ethernet cable in device manager, I already tried ‘show hidden devices’ and it is still not displaying. My Ethernet cable and connection work fine though...
  3. How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager: I can’t see my Ethernet cable in device manager, I already tried ‘show hidden devices’ and it is still not displaying. My Ethernet cable and connection work fine though...
  4. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  5. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  6. How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account: I have a Windows 11 laptop. I inadvertently locked the laptop when I logged into my Microsoft Account and it showed the device was located in a different part of the Country from where I am located. After locking the device, I realized it was my personal laptop in my...
  7. How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account

How to Unlock a Device Locked Using Find my Device in the Microsoft Account: I have a Windows 11 laptop. I inadvertently locked the laptop when I logged into my Microsoft Account and it showed the device was located in a different part of the Country from where I am located. After locking the device, I realized it was my personal laptop in my...
  8. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...
  9. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...
  10. How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?

How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?: I got that messages saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctions and Windows doesn't recognize it" [BTW: please allow people to paste in these messages. It makes it so much easier for us.]Well, all of my USB devices are the last one connected. I...