Windows 10: find my device

Discus and support find my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was stolen. How accurate is the location reported by Find My Device?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jhh1945, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Jhh1945 Win User

find my device

My computer was stolen. How accurate is the location reported by Find My Device?

:)

Jhh1945, Jul 20, 2020

2. Find My Device

Hi Michael,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Where are you accessing the Find My Device service?
    • Have you followed the steps correctly on how to set up Find My Device found on this

link
      ?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 20, 2020
  3. i cant find my device in devices

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Is that a USB 2.0 cable or the 3.0 cable which comes with the gaming device?
    2. Have you plugged in the USB cable to the appropriate port?

However, you may want to try these steps one by one and check if that makes any difference.

Step1: Plug in the USB cable to a different and correct USB port and check the status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    2. Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click ‘Uninstall’ to remove them one at a time.
    4. Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then check to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 20, 2020
  4. find my device

Dont see FIND MY DEVICE in new Nov update

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

Please note Find my device option is available only in portable devices.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

find my device

1. find my device - Similar Threads - find device

2. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  3. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  6. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...: I waited for it to pick up something but nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-doesnt-find-any-devices-even-though/d8e8b1e8-8ca4-4da3-9876-bd1eeabae577
  7. My bluetooth doesnt find any devices even though its pairing and then i also checked my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. how do i find apple device drivers?

how do i find apple device drivers?: itunes dosnt recognize my ipod touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-apple-device-drivers/2db6f2e2-aef0-4b00-94b6-ce33a3105fb8
  9. how do i find apple device drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find apple device drivers?: itunes dosnt recognize my ipod touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-apple-device-drivers/2db6f2e2-aef0-4b00-94b6-ce33a3105fb8
  10. How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my Ethernet cable in device manager: I can’t see my Ethernet cable in device manager, I already tried ‘show hidden devices’ and it is still not displaying. My Ethernet cable and connection work fine though...