Windows 10: Find my lost or stolen device

Discus and support Find my lost or stolen device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do i find the last known location of a device that has had the location or find my device settings turned off?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JerushaSchoenwald, May 4, 2019.

1. Find my lost or stolen device

How do i find the last known location of a device that has had the location or find my device settings turned off?

:)

JerushaSchoenwald, May 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to find a lost device?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that your device is stolen. I am glad you were able to use this feature to find your device and lock it. For more information on this feature, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Find and lock a lost Windows device
    , please check the steps and see if it is helpful to you.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2019
  3. Networking for a stolen device

Hello,

Windows 10 allows users to quickly find other computers or devices sharing the same network. For us to verify if the old PC is still connected to your network, follow these steps:

• Using Windows Search, type and choose File Explorer.
    • Click Network on your navigation pane along the folder's left edge. It will provide you with the list of computers using the same network.
    • Check to see if you can locate the stolen PC's name.

Make sure that you reach out to the computer manufacturer to validate if they can track your old device's system information. After doing so, you may file a report to the police so they can conduct further investigation regarding this incident.

Let us know if you need more help about this query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 4, 2019
  4. Find my lost or stolen device

Stolen laptop

The Police are your best option for a stolen laptop.

Due to privacy restrictions we have no access to your private details to be able to assist you here.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

Find My Phone or Device

Lost your phone or think someone stole it? Left your device somewhere? See your phone or device on a map, or ring, lock and erase your phone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Find and lock a lost Windows device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use Find my device to locate and lock it remotely.

To find the lost device, it must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to your Microsoft account. You can also use Find my phone to find, locate, lock, and even erase your Windows Phone.

Notes

• You must be signed in to the lost device with a Microsoft account for which you're the administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Find my lost or stolen device

1. Find my lost or stolen device - Similar Threads - Find lost stolen

2. Find my device - stolen computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my device - stolen computer: HiMy computer has been stolen... Using Find my device does not help... logging in it says updated 5 days earlier - can I change so it is updated daily on my new computer?Is there any way I will have success locating a stolen computer?Perhaps I am in the wrong community, then...
  3. Find my device - stolen computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find my device - stolen computer: HiMy computer has been stolen... Using Find my device does not help... logging in it says updated 5 days earlier - can I change so it is updated daily on my new computer?Is there any way I will have success locating a stolen computer?Perhaps I am in the wrong community, then...
  4. Find my device - stolen computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  6. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  7. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  8. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  9. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...