Windows 10: Find number of folders in every sub-folder

Discus and support Find number of folders in every sub-folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not exactly Windows questions. I wasn't too sure where to post, hence posting here. Admins, feel free to move to appropriate forum. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crackhammer, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Find number of folders in every sub-folder

This is not exactly Windows questions. I wasn't too sure where to post, hence posting here. Admins, feel free to move to appropriate forum.

Here is the task,
    I have 'C:\Data' folder that contains 1000s of folders. Each Subfolder should ideally contain one child folder in which there are minimum 3 and maximum 6 files. I have noticed that some folders have ended up with more than one child folders. I would like to find out which of these subfolders have more than one subfolder.
    Is there any utility or script that I can run to find out subfolders that contain more than one child subfolder and export it to CSV or something like that?

I am not aware of exact terminology of these folders so if I am not making any sense, pls comment and will clarify more.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Mar 3, 2018

2. arranging photos in windows 10

I have been at this page. No where can I find how to change sub folders to arrange by month/year. EXAMPLE Say in my picture files I have a picture folder named"Nikon Photos" You click on it you get a bunch of sub picture folders numbered 0-100. With
    windows 7 you could them arrange the sub folders by Month/Year in stead of 0- 100. Its easier to find your photos that way

SaltySam56, Mar 3, 2018
  3. folder should display with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it.

In Windows try to display Folder with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it. So that we can know which folder is contain more bytes. Even sub folder also display size, items and files numbers. It will be easy to find folders
    and files to delete which are big in size.

Mohammed Naeem Shaikh, Mar 3, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Find number of folders in every sub-folder

dalchina, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    If it helps, you can create a text file with a list of all the folders in C:\Data and their subfolders from the command prompt. Type this command:

dir C:\Data /a:d /s > %userprofile%\desktop\folderlist.txt

This will put the directory listing on your desktop in the file 'folderlist.txt'.

Note that in addition to actual subfolders (if any) every folder will contain the '.' and '..' directories. These are shorthand for the current folder and its parent folder respectively. The /b option will create a more compact list without the '.' and '..' entries, try each and see which is the easier to read/use.

dir C:\Data /b /a:d /s > %userprofile%\desktop\brief_folderlist.txt

Bree, Mar 3, 2018
  6. In PowerShell, this will print out the total number of subfolders within each 1st level subfolder of the parent.

Code: Get-ChildItem -Directory | ForEach-Object {$_.name + "," + (Get-ChildItem -Directory -Recurse $_.FullName|Measure-Obj ect).count }[/quote] So for:
    parent\
    parent\child 1\child child 1\
    parent\child 2\
    parent\child 3\
    parent\child 3\child child 3\child child child 3\
    parent\child 3\child child 4\

Code: PS C:\temp> cd parent PS C:\temp\parent>PS C:\temp\parent> Get-ChildItem -Directory | ForEach-Object {$_.name + "," + (Get-ChildItem -Directory -Recurse $_.Full Name|Measure-Object).count } child 1,1 child 2,0 child 3,3 PS C:\temp\parent>[/quote]

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Find number of folders in every sub-folder

1. Find number of folders in every sub-folder - Similar Threads - Find number folders

2. Cannot find a sub folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a sub folder: Created a sub folder. Pasted pictures from Android. Now I cannot find the sub folder. Nothing is hidden. It was pasted properly. It is not in the recycle bin or in my phone. What should be done now?...
  3. Cannot find a sub folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find a sub folder: Created a sub folder. Pasted pictures from Android. Now I cannot find the sub folder. Nothing is hidden. It was pasted properly. It is not in the recycle bin or in my phone. What should be done now?...
  4. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display: When I display the folders under the Documents folder that look like this <image...highlighted> [ATTACH] The sub-folder named PRIORITY TASKS isn't shown. Does File Explorer impose a limit on the number of sub-folder that it will display? [ATTACH] TIA for your suggestions....
  5. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  6. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  7. Screensaver does not find the pictures in the sub-folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver does not find the pictures in the sub-folder: I've been having problems with the screensaver on my computer which is running on Windows 10 the latest update was installed last week and the problem seemed to appear after that update. The screensaver does not find any picture in the sub-folder that I specified. A message...
  8. One folder versus multiple sub folders

One folder versus multiple sub folders: Hi All, I run Win 10 latest version on I7 and 16GB I have a large folder containing all my pictures 25000 under D:\Photos. Question : What is the safest and more efficient recommandation: 1: One large folder with all files or 2: multiple sub folders with 500 files max per...
  9. Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder

Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder: Hi How can I customize the dates of folders so I can sort them by those dates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dates-of-sub-folders-within-a-folder/c5d8f607-ae28-4e89-85fb-1c16cf837cc0"
  10. find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders

find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders: find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-remove-all-duplicates-files-sub-folders/ad64d789-7028-4873-8e1b-2605dc973305"