Windows 10: Find (or hide) files in Windows 10

Discus and support Find (or hide) files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not "Show Hidden Files" like pagefile.sys There is a way which I have forgotten, to create hidden files. Thanks. RON 164138 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Find (or hide) files in Windows 10

This is not "Show Hidden Files" like pagefile.sys

There is a way which I have forgotten, to create hidden files.

Thanks.
    RON

:)

RonNewYork, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2020
  3. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Find (or hide) files in Windows 10

dalchina, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Find (or hide) files in Windows 10

1. Find (or hide) files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Find hide files

2. Hide *.modd files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide *.modd files.: I use MS 365. I use OneDrive.I use a Sony s6000 camera. I use Sony PlayMemories Home software to import my photos and videos from my camera to my hard drive.I have transferred photos and videos from my hard drive to OneDrive.PlayMemories Home creates *.modd files for the...
  3. Hide *.modd files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide *.modd files.: I use MS 365. I use OneDrive.I use a Sony s6000 camera. I use Sony PlayMemories Home software to import my photos and videos from my camera to my hard drive.I have transferred photos and videos from my hard drive to OneDrive.PlayMemories Home creates *.modd files for the...
  4. File Hiding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Hiding: No not that type of hiding but I have a file that not I really wanna hide but I just wanna stash it into a folder that I don't wanna accidentally stumble upon where should I stash them submitted by /u/PotatoHeadr [link] [comments]...
  5. Hide and Seek for files

Hide and Seek for files: As a professional with decades of experience, I have working patterns that work for me. For example. I like to keep files in documents, organized under file folders as needed, or if it's a one off, just in documents. Windows likes to hide them. It moves them to different...
  6. hiding a file

in Cortana
    hiding a file: help me hide a file in Windows 10 computer. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-a-file/8928317e-ae23-4af0-a951-e909056a6500"
  7. How to hide file in windows 10

How to hide file in windows 10: Please show me how to hide file in windows 10. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-file-in-windows-10/10768f12-50af-4bf4-bf0c-6e7dee10d278"
  8. Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10: I would like the OneDrive icon to be hidden/removed from File Explorer on my 64 bit Windows 10 Home device. I find the same steps all over the that don't seem to work for me involving setting two flags in the registry as follows: Set the System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree...
  9. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer You can use the ribbon in File Explorer for common tasks, such as copying and moving, creating new folders, emailing and zipping items, and changing the view....
  10. Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides file name...