Windows 10: Find out available users

Discus and support Find out available users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I found an old box with windows 10 installed on it. The problem is, I can’t remember the users I defined there. How do I find out which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zalik volinitz, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Find out available users

Hi guys,

I found an old box with windows 10 installed on it.
    The problem is, I can’t remember the users I defined there. How do I find out which users are defined there?

thanks!

:)

Zalik volinitz, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 4, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Find out available users

Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for responding.

As Microsoft account has an issue, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter from my previous post and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, the account might have got corrupted.

I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account, and convert newly created local account (with no issues)to Microsoft account to transfer the user content.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 3: Once the newly created local account is converted to Microsoft account, you can log-in with this account, try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Find out available users

1. Find out available users - Similar Threads - Find available users

2. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  3. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  4. User Locked Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Locked Out: Hello, I am trying to assist my grandmother with a problem she is having on her computer. He has a lenovo G770 from 2005 and I believe is running windows 10. She has not been able to remember her password or something has changed and we cannot log in to her computer. I...
  5. Unable to find "available networks", redux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find "available networks", redux: After getting a new Comcast modem the other day, discovered Windows 10 desktop can't find the new wifi network. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on-line, talked with both Comcast and Windows tech support, all without result. Home wifi network works fine, every other...
  6. "Users & Groups" is not available

"Users & Groups" is not available: I have admin rights on my PC. When I go to Computer management trying to get access to "Users & Groups", I cannot find this feature. I have Windows 10, Home, 1903...
  7. How do I find out who all Interactive Administrator Users are.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find out who all Interactive Administrator Users are.: I changed my laptop name, then I find out that I'm not signed in as an Interactive Administrator. I'm the only Administrator on my laptop. Yes, it is a Workgroup and I'm not sure how or why that was set up that way. But, there or things I do not have permission to do IE.,...
  8. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.: I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. ----------------------------- {F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user. Note:...
  9. Find out License type.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Find out License type.: Hi guys, I just bought a new computer on craigslist and I would like to know what kind of Windows license has installed. I know there are different kinds like OEM or retail, I would like to know which one it has. Thanks....
  10. lock out users

lock out users: how do i lock out other users from my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-out-users/8e2555e7-a891-4da4-9c5a-9e64aaaac8b9"