Windows 10: Find out which device is turning the screen on

Discus and support Find out which device is turning the screen on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've set my energy plan to turn the screen off after 5 minutes, but every time the screen is turned of it is turned on right away. In the System log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fábio R. Gomes, May 17, 2020.

1. Find out which device is turning the screen on

I've set my energy plan to turn the screen off after 5 minutes, but every time the screen is turned of it is turned on right away. In the System log there's an event saying that the event was "Input Mouse" but even if I turn off the mouse this still happens. Here's the full event: https://gist.github.com/fabioxgn/0896b349b47213293416dfb19bb69f31

How can I pinpoint which device is causing this behavior?

:)

Fábio R. Gomes, May 17, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, May 17, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 17, 2020
  4. HojabrA Win User

Find out which device is turning the screen on

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Find out which device is turning the screen on

1. Find out which device is turning the screen on - Similar Threads - Find device turning

2. How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?: I got that messages saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctions and Windows doesn't recognize it" [BTW: please allow people to paste in these messages. It makes it so much easier for us.]Well, all of my USB devices are the last one connected. I...
  3. How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?: I got that messages saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctions and Windows doesn't recognize it" [BTW: please allow people to paste in these messages. It makes it so much easier for us.]Well, all of my USB devices are the last one connected. I...
  4. How do I find out which USB device is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to find out to which account an app is connected

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to find out to which account an app is connected: I use a business account and a personal account connected to the windows store. How do I find out which apps are connected with which account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-out-to-which-account-an-app-is/c4b98eca-5791-4d4a-8a4a-129012a9b8a7
  6. Finding bluetooth devices which were detected before

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finding bluetooth devices which were detected before: My laptop ASUS Model No.X54IN was detecting blue tooth devices such as handsets and speakers by wireless. Now these devices are not detected. Please advise....
  7. How do I find out which device this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find out which device this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sjorsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvqao6/how_do_i_find_out_which_device_this_is/
  8. Find out which background processes are not needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out which background processes are not needed.: I am using a computer for playing games and a few other stuff. My Device's specs: [ATTACH] Windows's specs: [ATTACH] The game's that I play do not need use too much CPU and RAM when running alone. However occasionally the game will lag and I will need to restart game to...
  9. Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation?: Is there a way to find out which key was used for activation? I have done testing with insider programs. I also tested this with my windows 7 oem install, I rolled the oem back to windows 7. I also used a windows 7 retail version to also upgrade to windows 10. This way I...
  10. Find out which Surface devices can be used with the new Surface Dock.

in Windows 10 News
    Find out which Surface devices can be used with the new Surface Dock.: Find out which Surface devices can be used with the new Surface Dock. This & more: f3emA8S0KEU Source: Microsoft Mechanics 50984