Windows 10: Find Previously Applied Licenses?

Discus and support Find Previously Applied Licenses? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I assembled this computer Computer A after an old one Computer B had broken down. I deactivated the old machine's license, and applied it to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vvackdavid, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Find Previously Applied Licenses?

Hi,

I assembled this computer Computer A after an old one Computer B had broken down. I deactivated the old machine's license, and applied it to this new one I'm going to call this License 1. All was well for 3 or so years.

Earlier this year, however, I needed some of the virtualization features that are included with a "Pro" License. I had been sitting on a Windows 8 "pro" key for several years - Purchased for a computer I was using at the time Computer C License 2.

Since Computer C died of a short-circuited motherboard, License 2 was essentially laying dormant.

I decided to apply License 2 to Computer A, my current machine, despite the fact that I was already using License 1 on it.

Everything worked as planned - I now have all the pro features, and have been happy for a few months.

The time has risen for me to build a separate computer Computer D now, though. It be in use at the same time as the one I'm presently using, Computer A.

I would like to apply License 1 to Computer D. Computer B and C have both probably been to reduced to dust by this point, so I would be using 2 licences for 2 computers.

Is there any way for me to find License 1 inside of Computer A, which is now using License 2? Somehow, my records have failed me.

Thanks!

David

:)

vvackdavid, Oct 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 15, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Thermal paste applied on your GPU / CPU, survey!

You already know what I'm going to say.

• Cool Silver G4
    • ~9 months
    • As directed first step,
      Second step I always install, then immediately uninstall, the HSF to remove the excess TIM. Which generally includes thoroughly cleaning either the processor die and/or the HS mating surface. Only both if I really screwed up and put way too much on, but always at least one or the other. Because it's almost impossible, IMO, to not apply too much TIM on your first try. And you can typically get by easily with half the amount(or ~ whatever is still stuck to the processor die or HSF after removing it). Next step I usually apply a few tiny pin point size dabs in any spots that look like they need more. Then final step, I reinstall the HSF, and call it good.
    • Because it's some seriously good TIM! Best I've ever used. No joke!*Wink Find Previously Applied Licenses? ;)

MrGenius, Oct 15, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Find Previously Applied Licenses?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Find Previously Applied Licenses?

1. Find Previously Applied Licenses? - Similar Threads - Find Previously Applied

2. How to find my previous posts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find my previous posts: I need to find my previous posts as I am going to reinstall Windows 10 and one of my replies told me how to do it, but I can't find it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-previous-posts/cb8970d0-b33d-4be8-893f-8ec8062091e0
  3. How to find my previous posts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find my previous posts: I need to find my previous posts as I am going to reinstall Windows 10 and one of my replies told me how to do it, but I can't find it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-previous-posts/cb8970d0-b33d-4be8-893f-8ec8062091e0
  4. How to find my previous posts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...: Hi all,I bought a transferable non-OEM windows 10 pro license a few years ago, and to my understanding if I decide to build a new computer I can install windows 10 pro on it and move my license from one computer to the other.My question is, if I upgrade my current computer to...
  6. Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a Transferable license "upgrade" if the computer it's applied to is upgraded to...: Hi all,I bought a transferable non-OEM windows 10 pro license a few years ago, and to my understanding if I decide to build a new computer I can install windows 10 pro on it and move my license from one computer to the other.My question is, if I upgrade my current computer to...
  7. Finding Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding Digital License: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My computer crashed and Windows 10 was corrupted beyond repair. The computer repairman installed a new version of Windows 10. How do I recover my old original Digital License?...
  8. How to find previous issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find previous issues: I have never used the community much, but I have been working with Microsoft for over 30 years. Windows 10 is beginning to cause some very serious problems where I think I can help. Is there a way you can just type an issues to find if someone has a similar problem. One...
  9. Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens: Hi, Joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully someone knows how. I finally decided to give in and let my desktop accept the Win 10 upgrade. Was reluctant about 10, but having been using it for two weeks now, it's wonderful. But in my enjoyment I found something...
  10. How to find PC's previous name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find PC's previous name?: I just did a Windows 10 reset. It is my main machine and other wireless network machines print through it. Now I cannot print from the remote machines, I'm assuming because the reset machine now has a new name. Where on my remote machines might I find a network path...