Windows 10: Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!

Discus and support Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 lets us search for emojis by bringing the Emoji panel (WIN + .) and typing the emoji name. But why doesn’t it let us search for symbols?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/18p3r, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/18p3r Win User

Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!

Windows 10 lets us search for emojis by bringing the Emoji panel (WIN + .) and typing the emoji name.

But why doesn’t it let us search for symbols?

It has a Symbols panel and zillions of special characters in it. But I never manage to find the symbol I'm looking for whenever I need one. Then I go to Google and search for the symbol I'm looking for and copy it from there.

The Symbols panel doesn't seem useful to me without search functionality. What do you think? I mean, come on. It’s 2020. A simple feature like that can't be too much to ask for.

submitted by /u/18p3r
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/18p3r, Jun 30, 2020

2. What is the link to special Characters and symbols

where do I find special characters and symbols on windows 10. f/eg Ω
    ÷
    ÷

Thank you

barrydavies3, Jun 30, 2020
  3. What is the link to special Characters and symbols

Hello Barry,

The tutorial below can help show you how to open and use Character Map in Windows 10 to insert special characters and symbols with.

Open and Use Character Map in Windows

Shawn Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What is the link to special Characters and symbols

Hi Barry

Special characters like that in Windows 10 are stored in font files, like Wingdings, Dingbats, Symbol . . etc

What program are you typing into in Windows 10?

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!! - Similar Threads - Find symbols special

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  5. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  6. Special characters in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Windows 10?: Where is the program that shows special characters with their Alt keys? 148825
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  9. Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters: Entering special characters, including foreign currency symbols, fractions, and emoji, is a cumbersome task on most physical keyboards. Use this hidden Windows 10 option to open an on-screen keyboard that puts all those options at your fingertips. By Ed Bott for The Ed...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...