Windows 10: find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name

Discus and support find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Find text somewhere on my computer. May be in a file name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wlittlej, May 23, 2019.

1. wlittlej Win User

find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name

Find text somewhere on my computer. May be in a file name

:)

wlittlej, May 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 23, 2019
  3. Bowlsys Win User
    Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, May 23, 2019
  4. find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 23, 2019
Thema:

find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name

1. find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name - Similar Threads - find text somwhere

2. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  3. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  4. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Find files with names with spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find files with names with spaces: I have created duplicate files by accident in my music library, for example, I will have01 You Got It.m4a and 01 You Got It 2.m4aI, therefore, want to search all files that end on _2.m4a where my underscore represents a space for explanation.However, when I search on "*...
  6. Finding files with obscure names

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding files with obscure names: Files may appear in Windows Explorer with names that give no clue as to their nature or purpose. The names may be important to allow programs that depend on them to find them, or there may be other reasons why they should not be changed. What is the best way to add metadata...
  7. Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10

Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to do this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  8. Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files

Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  9. Copy folder or file names as a text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folder or file names as a text file: Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name... are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..? thanks 135675
  10. Putting folder names in a text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541