Windows 10: Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system.

Discus and support Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The best I can describe the problem: Folder B should be an exact duplicate of Folder A. But a check of each shows that B is about .3 TB larger than A.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system.

The best I can describe the problem: Folder B should be an exact duplicate of Folder A. But a check of each shows that B is about .3 TB larger than A. One is 1.43 TB the other 1.73 TB. I need a way to quickly find out why. Both A and B contain the same number of 2nd level folders so it is something deeper. Until I know what, it is possible that B has some files or folders that need to be added to A. I don't want to use an automated process that would make that choice for me
    A program that could quickly list Only the folders that don't match showing files and folder sizes would be perfect. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I have seen many over the years but none come to mind right away.

:)

questorfla, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2019
  3. digibucc Win User
    Windows 7: HUGE 26 GB system folder Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system. :D :S

from here

digibucc, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system.

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system. 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system. 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system.

1. Find the differences in two Huge folders on a windows 10 system. - Similar Threads - Find differences Huge

2. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  3. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  4. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. huge MBPS difference windows/Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    huge MBPS difference windows/Linux: under windows 11 i only get around 20 MBPS on downloads i.e. steam app, but under Linux via the steam app it average 180 MBPS that's a huge difference. what is slowing my internet down under windows? also the fans run much more and faster under windows.. this happens even...
  6. huge MBPS difference windows/Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    huge MBPS difference windows/Linux: under windows 11 i only get around 20 MBPS on downloads i.e. steam app, but under Linux via the steam app it average 180 MBPS that's a huge difference. what is slowing my internet down under windows? also the fans run much more and faster under windows.. this happens even...
  7. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Two different folders named Pictures?: I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They...
  8. Syncing two folders on different machines running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing two folders on different machines running Windows 10: submitted by /u/BurritoBoy11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyjxvt/syncing_two_folders_on_different_machines_running/
  9. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  10. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 find directory differences

2. in windows find differences in 2 folders