Windows 10: Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Discus and support Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PJLLB, Dec 18, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal things (no auto-maintenance, etc.) so I' suspecting it is a task that woke the PC up.

:)

PJLLB, Dec 18, 2015
  2. JJWY Win User

Windows 10 computer wakes up automatically from sleep mode.

I painstakingly went through the list in "taskschd.msc" and disabled every scheduled tasks I could find. While I was doing that, I discovered that most of the tasks were scheduled to run after midnight. Is Microsoft thinking that there is no computer in
    a bedroom where people try to sleep after putting computers to sleep. Does anyone like to be waken up by computer noises in the middle of the night (not to mention that it is a creepy thing to experience). I am typing this after my PC woke up at 1:16am. In
    the meantime, my iMac sleeps quietly as always. Microsoft has to stop the annoying behavior of waking up computers just because Microsoft has work to do. I know it is not just Microsoft scheduling these annoying midnight work. Microsoft needs to stop them
    too.

3. Can wake timers be cancelled from the command prompt or a script?

I have been trying until I bleed to stop Windows 10 waking from sleep, but it seems there is absolutely no way of stopping it setting wake timers to perform updates. So I am reduced to running "powercfg -waketimers" every time I put the machine to sleep
    and then disabling any wake timers in the task scheduler control panel, which takes an annoying amount of time. Is there instead a way of cancelling wake timers from the command line, and would it be possible to automate the cancelling of wake timers with
    a script?

swamp#thing, Dec 18, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

3:30am is the normal time W10 schedules to restart your PC after an update. Might be worth checking the Update page in Settings and see if your update history shows if anything happened or if a scheduled restart is set.

philc43, Dec 18, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, to try to address your general query, there seems no easy way, as you may have found.
    Whilst you can create a big list like this from a command prompt:

schtasks /query /v /fo CSV > <path>tasks.csv
    (replace <path> for somewhere convenient else the file is written to where you were when you launched the command)

...and get a tasks.csv file which you can open in Excel, this doesn't seem to include the wake condition.

People have done that with a complex powershell script.
    David Gardiner - Dave's Daydreams: Whats waking up my computer at 3am?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks - Similar Threads - Find Wake sleep

2. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  3. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  4. Task scheduler restart issue after wake up from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler restart issue after wake up from hibernation: Hello,I have task schedule one for win11 pc hibernation at 00:01 tested 23:59, too and another schedule to restart pc at 9:00 o'clock. Pc just won't to restart after wake up from hibernation. If I run both schedules with run command or I set different time option within ie 2...
  5. Task scheduler restart issue after wake up from hibernation

Task scheduler restart issue after wake up from hibernation: Hello,I have task schedule one for win11 pc hibernation at 00:01 tested 23:59, too and another schedule to restart pc at 9:00 o'clock. Pc just won't to restart after wake up from hibernation. If I run both schedules with run command or I set different time option within ie 2...
  6. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  7. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  8. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

9. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schtaks sleep and wakeup