Windows 10: Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Discus and support Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Gen8 intel platform with i3-8100, H310 chipset, and 4GB DDR4 ram with Windows 10 Pro 32bit. I put to the computer a HD6350 DVGA with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Nemeth, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Hello,

I have a Gen8 intel platform with i3-8100, H310 chipset, and 4GB DDR4 ram with Windows 10 Pro 32bit.

I put to the computer a HD6350 DVGA with 512MB ram.

I set the DVGA allocated memory to 32/128MB, later i disabled it, and set priority to PCI-E DVGA for display output.

The computer has 3 PCI (not PCI-E) cards too.

The system information shows me: Installed Memory 4GB (Usable 2.2GB).

I try to find out what is using up the memory, why the windows cannot use it.

I know, the 32bit OS limitation is 3.5GB.

I checked the Display adapter properties, and it writes:

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1280MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 512MB

System Video Memory: 0MB

Shared System Memory: 768MB

I think the shared memory shouldn't be a problem, because it will be used if dedicated memory is full, and it is accessible and usable by windows too.

I searched through registry for HardwareInformation.MemorySize, and found for Microsoft Basic Display Driver for 0MB, and HD6350 for 512MB. No other else key found for used dedicated memory.

I searched through BIOS (Gigabyte H310-D3) for multiple time to find a setting for allocate memory in BIOS level for another Hardware, but no luck.

Have You any idea for find out which hadware component or software using up the missing memory (3500MB-2200MB = 1.3GB)?

Thanks, Peter

:)

Peter Nemeth, Oct 9, 2019

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 9, 2019
  3. dedicated video memory

Hi,

A dedicated, or discrete, GPU has its own independent source of video memory, leaving the RAM your system uses untouched. To increase the dedicated video memory, we recommend to follow the steps on this
    thread provided by
    Guru Kiran G.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 9, 2019
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Dedicated video ram

The only way to change the amount of system RAM that is allocated to an integrated graphics processor

is via the machines BIOS. The amount that can be allocated varies between machines.

"At least to 512 Mb."

Your post shows - Total Available Graphics Memory: 1792 MB- . This is the maximum amount of

RAM that is allocated for gaming,or doing other graphics intensive tasks, and includes the 32MB VRAM

(assuming this 32MB is a VRAM chip and not a small portion of the system RAM 'dedicated' to video).

So you should still be OK with the current 'dedicated 32MB' as long as you don't do heavy multi-tasking.

It would take some serious multi-tasking to use 12GB RAM.

The main difference here is the 'dedicated' memory may be a VRAM memory chip on the motherboard,

vs using a portion of the system RAM (shared).

VRAM is much faster than system RAM, but there is no way to upgrade this, whether using integrated graphics

or a dedicated graphics card.

- The other issue is some games do not recognise shared system RAM as an alternative to VRAM.

You are out of luck in this instance.

BossDweeb, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

1. Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory - Similar Threads - Find hardware using

2. Outlook Dedicated GPU memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Dedicated GPU memory: Hello, Having some weird hangs issues while using 3dsmax and photoshop I start to look at Task Manager for cpu and gpu usage and found out that outlook is using a huge amount of gpu memory, I don't know if this is always been like this but I don't see how outlook would...
  3. dedicated video ram not working

dedicated video ram not working: so ive tried all the registry editor stuff nothing works and im stuck at 128 mb of vram my computer is dual core and my graphics is intel 620 graphics card it supports higher than 128 and i have 8 gigs of ram yet i wont fix it self...
  4. memory (ram sticks)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    memory (ram sticks): im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM...
  5. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10: Hello, I need some help/solution for this! My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to Windows 10 (on Feb) and it run like you will expect from a recent formated PC, then I noticed it was almost using 50% of the...
  6. System RAM memory

System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...
  7. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  8. How to increase dedicated video memory?

How to increase dedicated video memory?: Acer Aspire AIO Touch Desktop, 23.8" Full HD Touch, Intel Core i5-7400T, 12GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, AZ3-715-ACKi5 Intel 630 Integrated Graphics Games run super slow because of the 128 MB dedicated video memory. I have 6 GB of other video memory. Can I increase...
  9. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...
  10. What is System and compressed memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is System and compressed memory ?: Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ? 44359