Windows 10: Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Discus and support Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Gen8 intel platform with i3-8100, H310 chipset, and 4GB DDR4 ram with Windows 10 Pro 32bit. I put to the computer a HD6350 DVGA with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Nemeth, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Hello,

I have a Gen8 intel platform with i3-8100, H310 chipset, and 4GB DDR4 ram with Windows 10 Pro 32bit.

I put to the computer a HD6350 DVGA with 512MB ram.

I set the DVGA allocated memory to 32/128MB, later i disabled it, and set priority to PCI-E DVGA for display output.

The computer has 3 PCI (not PCI-E) cards too.

The system information shows me: Installed Memory 4GB (Usable 2.2GB).

I try to find out what is using up the memory, why the windows cannot use it.

I know, the 32bit OS limitation is 3.5GB.

I checked the Display adapter properties, and it writes:

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1280MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 512MB

System Video Memory: 0MB

Shared System Memory: 768MB

I think the shared memory shouldn't be a problem, because it will be used if dedicated memory is full, and it is accessible and usable by windows too.

I searched through registry for HardwareInformation.MemorySize, and found for Microsoft Basic Display Driver for 0MB, and HD6350 for 512MB. No other else key found for used dedicated memory.

I searched through BIOS (Gigabyte H310-D3) for multiple time to find a setting for allocate memory in BIOS level for another Hardware, but no luck.

Have You any idea for find out which hadware component or software using up the missing memory (3500MB-2200MB = 1.3GB)?

Thanks, Peter

:)

Peter Nemeth, Oct 9, 2019

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 9, 2019
  3. dedicated video memory

Hi,

A dedicated, or discrete, GPU has its own independent source of video memory, leaving the RAM your system uses untouched. To increase the dedicated video memory, we recommend to follow the steps on this
    thread provided by
    Guru Kiran G.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 9, 2019
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

Dedicated video ram

The only way to change the amount of system RAM that is allocated to an integrated graphics processor

is via the machines BIOS. The amount that can be allocated varies between machines.

"At least to 512 Mb."

Your post shows - Total Available Graphics Memory: 1792 MB- . This is the maximum amount of

RAM that is allocated for gaming,or doing other graphics intensive tasks, and includes the 32MB VRAM

(assuming this 32MB is a VRAM chip and not a small portion of the system RAM 'dedicated' to video).

So you should still be OK with the current 'dedicated 32MB' as long as you don't do heavy multi-tasking.

It would take some serious multi-tasking to use 12GB RAM.

The main difference here is the 'dedicated' memory may be a VRAM memory chip on the motherboard,

vs using a portion of the system RAM (shared).

VRAM is much faster than system RAM, but there is no way to upgrade this, whether using integrated graphics

or a dedicated graphics card.

- The other issue is some games do not recognise shared system RAM as an alternative to VRAM.

You are out of luck in this instance.

BossDweeb, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory

1. Find what hardware using dedicated ram from System memory - Similar Threads - Find hardware using

2. What is hardware memory error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is hardware memory error?: So i got a bluescreen with a stop code "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE" then i went to check on the dmp files to see whats happen, it appears that it says something like: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page....
  3. What is hardware memory error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is hardware memory error?: So i got a bluescreen with a stop code "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE" then i went to check on the dmp files to see whats happen, it appears that it says something like: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 12bThis BugCheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page....
  4. What is hardware memory error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  6. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  7. What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory: Can anyone explain what is the difference between these two? I have a Intel UHD 630 and it has 128MB dedicated and 2gb total available graphics memory Does that mean I can play games(say GTA V) with 2gb video memory. I have 4gb ram but will upgrade it to 8 next week I don't...
  8. Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM: I am using a DELL 660s PC, the time I brought it, it had 5.8GB usable out of 6 GB RAM which was onboard. This year I added an SSD and made it my main drive, now I see that it has only 5.6GB usable out of 6 GB RAM, since my workload increased, I increased the RAM to 8GB, but...
  9. Dedicated video ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dedicated video ram: Okay so my pc is only letting me use 726mb of my 8gbs and im tryna play rainbow six siege but i run 10 fps any one know how to fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-video-ram/534f1b22-1ba2-42c9-bf90-9787c47b682f
  10. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dedicated video memory 1280mb