Windows 10: Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller

Discus and support Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm finding a solution for inventory group policy that applied to our domain computer .We have over 500 pcs in our domain .So, very hard to ensure all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hanh Trinh, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller

I'm finding a solution for inventory group policy that applied to our domain computer .We have over 500 pcs in our domain .So, very hard to ensure all of them applied policy correctly.By your experience, could you share me an idea to inventory one or more gpo that applied to computers ?Many thank .

:)

Hanh Trinh, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Pkl_G Win User

Build kit not fully applying to 2012 Domain Controller Server

We have a 2012 R2 Domain Controller + Member Server and we are testing the 2.3.0 build kit both L1 and L2.

We have successfully deployed the build kit on the Member Server, and were able to verify all settings utilizing the registry and secedit to output and confirm settings not in the registry.

However, we're having an issue verifying settings on the domain controller. All of the registry settings have verified successfully. But, when we run the command 'secedit /export /cfg C:\temp\test.inf' to verify
    the security settings on the domain controller we get a different result. None of the settings from the build kit are transferring to this.

We have also found that we can verify the security settings/account policies by checking Local Policy on the Member Server. Opening GPEdit on the Member Server seems to copy settings from Group Policy. But
    opening GPEdit on the domain controller shows a Local Group Policy, but none of the settings are set.

Further testing from a 'GPResult /v /SCOPE computer' reveals another difference. Member servers say the local policy is applied, but Domain Controllers say the local policy is empty and therefore filtered.
    In both Member Server and Domain Controller cases it says all Group Policies are being applied.

We are trying to either A) Find a way to verify these Security Settings/Account Policies are being applied, or B) Find out why the Security Settings/Account Policies subsection of the Group Policy isn't being
    applied.

Pkl_G, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows 10 domain computers

We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os installed (license version) and are connected to domain. All the applied group policies are working fine
    with all the computers.

Recently I have apply a new group policy "prohibit access to control panel and PC settings" on my windows server 2012 domain controller. The policy is working fine with all windows 7 and windows 8 professional computers. But on windows 10 systems, domain
    users still able to access control panel. For testing purpose I download and install windows 10 from Microsoft website on test computer and this policy working fine i.e. blocking access to control panel. But on old windows 10 computers the policy is not working.
    All the computers are upgraded windows update.

Please provide a solution. Thanks in advance.

SachinRNaik, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller

How to edit Group Policy to configure User account Control for the users under a domain?

I need to find out if there is a way in group policy to configure the user account control for all users on a domain.

Original title: Group Policy and User Account Control

Irish Navy Dad #5, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller

1. Finding a tool to check group policy applied to domain controller - Similar Threads - Finding tool check

2. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy: Hi,i have disabled usb storage by group policy but all system in LAN disabled now i want to exclude domain server or any particular computer.Please help me.Thanks...
  3. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy: Hi,i have disabled usb storage by group policy but all system in LAN disabled now i want to exclude domain server or any particular computer.Please help me.Thanks...
  4. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy not synchronizing across member domain controllers and not applying to client...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy not synchronizing across member domain controllers and not applying to client...: We have three domain controllers, the primary and two secondary domain controllers, Once we create group policies on the primary domain controller show to only to group policy console on the other domain controllers but they cannot be shown on sysvol folders, client computers...
  6. Group Policy not synchronizing across member domain controllers and not applying to client...

Group Policy not synchronizing across member domain controllers and not applying to client...: We have three domain controllers, the primary and two secondary domain controllers, Once we create group policies on the primary domain controller show to only to group policy console on the other domain controllers but they cannot be shown on sysvol folders, client computers...
  7. Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers: [ATTACH]This post provides the most suitable solutions to the issue whereby Group Policies are not applying as well as not replicating between Domain Controllers in a typical Windows Server environment. If GPOs are not syncing or replicating between domain controllers, it...
  8. Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU: So we have a domain and have various group policies some apply to computer settings, some apply to user settingsIf we link a computer group policy directly to the root of the domain, policy works fine and everything is great.If we take the same policy, remove it from the...
  9. Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU

Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU: So we have a domain and have various group policies some apply to computer settings, some apply to user settingsIf we link a computer group policy directly to the root of the domain, policy works fine and everything is great.If we take the same policy, remove it from the...
  10. Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller: We are in the process of rolling out Windows 10 workstations in our company and want to utilize some of the Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings but we noticed that the Windows 10 specific settings are missing (more specifically, Audit PNP Activity). Is there any way...