Windows 10: Finding address suggestions in Microsoft outlook

Discus and support Finding address suggestions in Microsoft outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone just joined and I start by wishing everyone a happy Christmas, I have a request for advice/help please. I have installed a new HDD and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rwsadd, Dec 21, 2016.

1. rwsadd Win User

Finding address suggestions in Microsoft outlook

Hello everyone just joined and I start by wishing everyone a happy Christmas, I have a request for advice/help please.
    I have installed a new HDD and put new Windows 10 on (not transferred from old HDD), I still have old drive with Win7 on and can view it.
    My question is as follows: I run Microsoft Outlook email from Office professional 2007 that I have installed, I don’t keep an address book as such but when you type it remembers addresses you’ve typed before.
    There must be a file somewhere that it stores these but I can’t find how to find this on old drive (one or two addresses I’d like to retrieve), bloke at work downloaded a piece of software that apparently finds this for you but when installing this on win 10 it claims there is a missing DLL.
    Can anyone assist please?
    Richard

:)

rwsadd, Dec 21, 2016

2. Does Outlook Mobile Exist?

I have a Tilt and am also looking for the verson of Outlook that is shown on the Microsoft site. I cannot find it anywhere. I have information (name address, etc) in Outlook that I want on the phone.

Any suggestions? I am getting really frustrated

Littlebehr, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Microsoft (standalone) outlook sync

As you know, OUTLOOK is a Microsoft product. Microsoft will be your best source of information.

Visit the Microsoft Support site ( support.microsoft.com ) and search "Windows Phone 8 sync with Outlook"

You will find MICROSFT has an article that addresses your question.

PManLumia920att, Dec 21, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Dec 21, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Better yet, use NirSoft's (free) NK2Edit program, which will grab it for you and make all the contents explicitly visible and available.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 21, 2016
  6. rwsadd Win User
    Thank you for the replies, I've now downloaded NK2edit and ran it, it shows information on outlook's NK2 file current (on my win 10) and shows all my typed addresses I have now but can't work out how to get it to look on another drive.

rwsadd, Dec 21, 2016
  7. You have to "Show Hidden files" Then down through your user path, through Appdata, Roaming, Microsoft, outlook.

See Nirsofts article NK2 file location in Outlook

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2016
  8. rwsadd Win User

Thanks again I can now see the file in all it's jumble, however I'd like to get the result in the "NK2 edit" program which organizes in a more readable condition just don't know how make the program look at my old drive.

rwsadd, Dec 21, 2016
  9. There may some risk associated with this process but here is how I would do it. Go into the folder with your existing (new) nk2 file. Rename it old. Do not start Outlook. Copy in the file you found. Again do not start Outlook. Run the tool. Get what you need. Rename the file. Go and rename your new file back to its original name.

You might also google search how to import a nk2 file. Its out there but I would be careful. Outlook is a very delicate product.

Could I also suggest this. Outlook is your mail client. You must have a real mail service like hotmail, outlook.com, yahoo, gmail whatever. If you use a browser to log in then hopefully the couple of address you are looking for were harvested or collected by the service, especially if they sent you mail. It might be worth a try.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Finding address suggestions in Microsoft outlook - Similar Threads - Finding address suggestions

2. Outlook Search cannot find recent e-mail addresses

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Search cannot find recent e-mail addresses: If this has been asked before, please point me to the appropriate thread. I sent a couple of e-mails a few days a go at a specific e-mail address using Outlook 2019. Today I searched with that e-mail address to see the messages, but Search found nothing! Fortunately when...
  3. Reply address in Outlook for Microsoft 365 2020

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reply address in Outlook for Microsoft 365 2020: I recently installed Microsoft 365 2020 on a friends Windows 10 PC. Everything works OK but I was surprised to find that recipients of emails sent from his computer show a senders address in this form: name <outlook_****************@outlook.com> on behalf of name <normal...
  4. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Email address's in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email address's in Outlook: How do I edit or change address's in my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresss-in-outlook/018359b4-f68d-494d-9d85-04d37c6303f5
  6. outlook email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    outlook email addresses: Hi all, my main microsoft account is on one outlook email address but i want to use a different outlook email address that i already have. How do i change the main account email address please?...
  7. Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book: Since the latest Windows Update two days ago, all of the contacts in my Office Outlook Address Book have disappeared. It says that "The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened and it may have been moved or deleted." Help! That represents years...
  8. IE11 address bar suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 address bar suggestions: I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and...
  9. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  10. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...