Windows 10: Finding already installed MS Store game/app after clean install

Discus and support Finding already installed MS Store game/app after clean install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had Forza Horizon 4 installed on my PC on another partition. I did a clean install of Windows 10. The game folder is still there so I want Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2srk1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. 2srk1 Win User

Finding already installed MS Store game/app after clean install

I had Forza Horizon 4 installed on my PC on another partition. I did a clean install of Windows 10. The game folder is still there so I want Microsoft Store to find it so that I can play the game. Usually with programs like Steam you just find the SteamLibrary but I have found no such feature in the Store.

:)

2srk1, Nov 21, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 21, 2018
  3. how can install app store game

Hi Kannan,

Installing any apps on Windows 10 device can be done through Windows Store. To properly assist you with your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to install a game or an app from the Windows Store app?
    • Are you using a Windows 10-based device?

To install games on Windows 10 device, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on the link below:

Where to download game from Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Finding already installed MS Store game/app after clean install - Similar Threads - Finding already installed

2. Windows Store - Can't install games or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store - Can't install games or apps: I bought the game pass for PC and successfully installed a game or two yesterday. However today when i tried to install a game the store was downloading 'Gaming Services' along with the game but got stuck on the installation faze. So i googled the problem and reset the store...
  3. Can't Install apps on the MS store - 0x87AF000B

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install apps on the MS store - 0x87AF000B: When I tried to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition today I could not as it just said that there was an error and the code was 0x87AF000B. I then tried it today and it still would not work. I didwsreset.exe but that did not help [ATTACH]...
  4. Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps

Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps: Hi, I am trying to retrieve the "DisplayName" of installed Store apps from an UWP console based app C++/WinRT. Able to get other details by using PackageManager APIs. Package Class DisplayName property returns empty string for all the store apps. Noticed below...
  5. Can't find the Microsoft store software that already being installed after reinstalled the W10

Can't find the Microsoft store software that already being installed after reinstalled the W10: Greetings I just reinstalled my windows 10 in my computer. Which is in the drive C, for the system data only. before reinstalled my system, I bought a game from Microsoft Store. Forza 7 to be specific, then installed it to my drive D. After I reinstalled the system,...
  6. MS Store App Did Not Install After Reset And I need It

MS Store App Did Not Install After Reset And I need It: I just did a clean reset of my Surface Pro and several pre-installed apps did not install. For example Skype, Windows Store, and several others. The problem is, I cannot install other essential apps like MS Money and One Note, Skype, etc without the windows store app and...
  7. MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset: I just did a clean reset of my Surface Pro and several pre-installed apps did not install. For example Skype, Windows Store, and several others. The problem is, I cannot install other essential apps like MS Money and One Note, Skype, etc without the windows store app and...
  8. Apps and Games will not install from Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Games will not install from Store: apps and games download from store but fails when trying to install. I get error 0x80007005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-games-will-not-install-from-store/c2b6b291-ec8b-4eee-8007-bffc99f99ac9
  9. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?: I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA. In Win 10...
  10. After a clean install

After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...