Windows 10: Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Discus and support Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this – C:\Users\[Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OliviaSavage, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Hi,

I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this

C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist. Like anywhere. I have looked in a bunch of folders and nothing.

Please help.

:)

OliviaSavage, Feb 7, 2019

2. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

1. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note - Similar Threads - Finding accidentally deleted

2. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  3. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  4. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  6. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  7. How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Sticky Notes uses a database to store all the data of a Sticky Note. If you get access to the database, you can […] This article How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  9. Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes: Hi, my sticky notes are being deleted one by one by the system ever since I updated to the latest Windows version. And yes, it wasn't a mistake. I didn't accidentally close/delete the sticky notes by myself. It just randomly disappear by its own every time I turn on the...
  10. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a...