Windows 10: Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name.

Discus and support Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am using MS 365 Family and Windows 10 and I could not find a field in an Outlook folder where I could type a specific name to find emails from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bennyboo749, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name.

Hello,I am using MS 365 Family and Windows 10 and I could not find a field in an Outlook folder where I could type a specific name to find emails from or to him.I know how to sort by From or To but this shows All emails in a certain folder.Thanks!David**Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family**

:)

bennyboo749, Apr 30, 2021

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Delete Junk Email and Block Senders

Hi,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?

I understand your concern about blocking sender and finding for junk folder on Mail app in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: How to block the sender.

I would like to inform that, Mail app is by design does not have option to block the sender, instead you can block the sender from Outlook account and same applies to Mail app as well.

If you want to add the sender of the certain email to your blocked senders list, kindly follow these steps:

• Sign in to your account.
    • Open or view the email you want to be blocked.
    • Click Sweep on the toolbar.
    • Select Delete all from…
    • Tick Also block future messages.
    • Click Delete all.
    This will also delete all messages from the sender.

Here’s how you can add the email address manually:

• Sign in to your account.
    • In the upper-right corner of the page, click
      wheel/cog icon
      , and then click on Options.
    • Under Preventing junk email, click
      Safe and blocked senders.
    • Click Blocked senders.
    • Under Blocked email address or domain:, type the email address where these emails came from.
    • Click Save.

Method 2: To find junk folder in Mail app

To find junk folder on Mail app follow: Log-in to Mail app, in the left-pane click on
    More and you will see Junk folder.

Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Sam Nome Win User

Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name.

Sender name in Mail app for PC and Outlook Mail for Windows Mobile 10 shows email address, not name

Thank you for your answer Desiree Yau. Finally somebody flagged as “from Microsoft” answered here.

Well Desiree, the here described issue is in my opinion not really a “concern”, it’s all about a
    severe software bug in Windows 10 Mobile’s built-in email-client, named “Outlook-Mail”(and apparently in the desktop version as well)!

I believe that I already said everything here and especially in the indicated

other community-thread
    (which I opened in November last year). There I have described and documented the whole matter very thoroughly, even with screenshots.

Normally there wouldn’t be anything else to add to what Elias has already said, from my side.

But dear Desiree, please allow me to inform you that…

1.) “Outlook-Mail” can’t be uninstalled from a Windows 10 Phone! There’s no way to do it, not to my knowledge. I of course thought about this before, but couldn’t find a way to un- and re-install this system-app.

2.) “Troubleshooting steps” do not really exist. What I first tried was to delete the corresponding email-accounts form Outlook-Mail and then reconfigured them. This led to nothing. The other thing that I always do after each update for “Outlook-Mail”
    (and there came a lot in the past months) is to soft-reset my Phone each time right after each update. But this leads to nothing as well.

Performing a radical hard-reset also wouldn’t make any sense, from my logic, because, I repeat: In my case the problem
    exists on both of my devices already from the very beginning on, right after I turned them on for the very first time, after having them bought
    brand-new in August 2016.

And, other users tried hard-resets already but reported that this also doesn’t resolve the problem of the missing sender’s name (mentioned in

this thread
    from the Windows Central Forum).

PS: I think that the subject of this thread here is a little bit misleading and not clearly describing the exact problem. I think we should better continue our conversation in (my) other thread with the subject

Outlook-Mail
    sends emails WITHOUT the sender's name! The sender's name is NOT transmitted!

. I think my subject describes the problem more accurate.

Sam Nome, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name.

1. Finding an Outlook email sender by typing his name. - Similar Threads - Finding Outlook email

2. find safe senders list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    find safe senders list: safe senders list - find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-safe-senders-list/4ede8ccb-c794-4c5e-bc67-892c6a5651dc
  3. find safe senders list

in Windows 10 Customization
    find safe senders list: safe senders list - find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-safe-senders-list/4ede8ccb-c794-4c5e-bc67-892c6a5651dc
  4. Sender name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sender name: How I Change sender name on Windows10 mail app. From today I can't change may sender name. In sync. windows I don't seen this tabs. [Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Composing email]...
  5. UNKNOWN email sender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNKNOWN email sender: Been getting new emails that are junk from.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA InterestRatesExperts confirmation <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>_____________________________________________ From: XXXmy *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <DENNIS *** Email...
  6. Adding a safe sender to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Adding a safe sender to Outlook: I am running the free Outlook and a friend whose mail always came to my inbox had suddenly been starting to be dumped in Junk mail. I have been through all the settings yet cannot get that person added to my list of safe senders - any ideas please greatly appreciated. 149151
  7. How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With the built-in Mail app for – which is the new default client, you can connect and manage your multiple email accounts from a single point without having to load different websites to check and send your emails. In this [...] This post How to change Email...
  8. Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365: This question has been asked in several forums but the only working answers involved using an add-in that creates more problems than it solves. This is for people using Desktop Outlook 2016(2019). I tried the custom add-in "form" but this results in most of our email...
  9. How not to let senders know that I opened an email in Outlook 2007?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How not to let senders know that I opened an email in Outlook 2007?: I received this message today. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007. Is there a way to prevent senders from knowing that I opened their email? [ATTACH] 138144
  10. How to get rid of Email Sender Name: Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of Email Sender Name: Microsoft: How do I get rid of the Email Sender Name "Microsoft" instead of my name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-email-sender-name-microsoft/0777a07f-db38-4984-be92-bb5c39299a2a