Windows 10: Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive

Discus and support Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1000s of sub-folders in a main folder, from which I have to select some 100s of sub-folders not in sequence- random copy and paste them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hemang Parbat, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive

I have 1000s of sub-folders in a main folder, from which I have to select some 100s of sub-folders not in sequence- random copy and paste them to another location in my system. I am using windows 2010. Presently, I am selecting individual sub-folders manually and creating their copies to another place, which takes hours for me. Is there any easier and faster way of getting this done? Is there any kind of automation be applied for completing this kind of task?

:)

Hemang Parbat, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Ageeb Win User

Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive

User Folder - Move Location drive replacement

I used the tutorial to move my user folders to a spare, second drive in my laptop. Now I'm thinking about changing it from a spinner to an SSD and I'm wondering what steps I should be considering, before I make that swap, to preserve my user folders and migrate it to a second drive.

Could someone describe the process to replace that drive or point me to a guide? What's tripping me up is if I don't move it back to C: what will windows do when I remove the drive that contains the user folders, and put in the new one upon first boot.

Thanks for any direction everyone!

Ageeb, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive

1. Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive - Similar Threads - Finding Moving multiple

2. Cannot Locate One Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Locate One Drive Folder: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1052) I attempted to follow the instructions in the tutorial for changing the location of One Drive to my D Drive. I was able to unlink the account. However, when I go to File Explorer: This PC > Local Disk (C) > Users - One Drive is not there....
  3. Can't move folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  4. Trouble moving default folder locations from OneDrive to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble moving default folder locations from OneDrive to C drive: Hi there, brand new laptop with Windows 10 automatically set OneDrive as default location for my user profile and documents. Unlinked PC from OneDrive, and most of my default folders now point to C drive, but Documents and Pictures still point to OneDrive. Have tried...
  5. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.: Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive D:) to the Onedrive location? Thanks Jim 131948
  6. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...
  7. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...
  8. Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive: So i moved my documents, pictures, videos, and music folders from my ssd to my D drive. This is the process i followed: right click folder, click properties, click the location tab, click move, select the D drive, click ok. What I failed to do, was create a NEW folder...
  9. User Folder - Move Location drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Folder - Move Location drive replacement: I used the tutorial to move my user folders to a spare, second drive in my laptop. Now I'm thinking about changing it from a spinner to an SSD and I'm wondering what steps I should be considering, before I make that swap, to preserve my user folders and migrate it to a second...
  10. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations: Hi, I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish.. I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt) Locations is a list of directories Files is a list of file names I would like to...