Windows 10: Finding Bluetooth link key

Discus and support Finding Bluetooth link key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to find the the Bluetooth link key of my Logitech K810 keyboard. Does anyone know where to find it in the Win10 registers? I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IndianaIT, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Finding Bluetooth link key

Hi,

I'm trying to find the the Bluetooth link key of my Logitech K810 keyboard. Does anyone know where to find it in the Win10 registers?

I have a dualboot Windows 10/Linux Mint desktop with Asus BT-400 dongle and Logitech K810 keyboard and I would like to use the same BT link key under both systems.I have found these instruction:https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...of-windows-linux-mint-ubuntu-stop-having-to-p

However when I try to go to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\

the there are no keys store there. I tried looking in the same place under ControlSet01, but no success as well.I also tried a software that takes image of the registers and compares the original state of registers with the new state after I paired the keyboard but it found over 3000 changes so I was also not very succesfull there.

I'm starting to think that there is some proprietary gimmick tied either to the BT400 dongle or the keyboard, that resuts in the link key being stored elsewhere, instead of the registers.

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/IndianaIT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IndianaIT, Oct 29, 2019
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues

Hi,

I would suggest to perform some basic troubleshooting steps by following the article to find out the reason and to update the Bluetooth driver.

Check the Status of the Bluetooth in Device Manager and update it:

• Search Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Right click Bluetooth drivers and select the Update driver software.

Check also if the Bluetooth service on your laptop is enabled by following this steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type service.msc
    • Search for Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Right click on the Service and click on Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Finding Bluetooth link key

Unable to turn on Bluetooth

Hi,

I will certainly help you to find Bluetooth.

Kindly answer the question to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

First I would suggest you to check whether your airplane mode is on or off.

Kindly refer the steps below to check for the airplane mode:

• Press Windows key + I form keyboard to open setting.
    • Go to network and internet.
    • Click on Airplane mode and select turn off.
    Please refer the following steps to find Bluetooth:

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select More Bluetooth options to find more Bluetooth settings.

If you still face difficulty in finding the option, kindly refer the section
    Learn more about Bluetooth fixing problems from the
    below link to fix the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Finding Bluetooth link key

1. Finding Bluetooth link key - Similar Threads - Finding Bluetooth link

2. I am unable to find my bitlocker recovery key. The link to find it is broken and says "Try...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to find my bitlocker recovery key. The link to find it is broken and says "Try...: cant access bitlocker recovery key for dell xps 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-the/67572f99-e02a-4fd8-a9ff-1081c003c9cb
  3. I am unable to find my bitlocker recovery key. The link to find it is broken and says "Try...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to find my bitlocker recovery key. The link to find it is broken and says "Try...: cant access bitlocker recovery key for dell xps 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-the/67572f99-e02a-4fd8-a9ff-1081c003c9cb
  4. Bluetooth not finding android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not finding android: I can send files from my Android phone to Window 10 over Bluetooth.But I cannot send file from Windows 10 to my Android phone.Whenever I select Bluetooth File Transfer, my Android phone doesn't show up.When I'm on my Android phone and send I file to windows, Android can find...
  5. Cannot find bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find bluetooth: Hi, my bluetooth close occationally and I cannot turn it on in the setting. I've tried to reinstall the driver, but it happens again. It cannot be fixed through troubleshooting. I wonder how can I deal with this problem. Thank you....
  6. Cannot find bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find bluetooth: Hi, my bluetooth close occationally and I cannot turn it on in the setting. I've tried to reinstall the driver, but it happens again. It cannot be fixed through troubleshooting. I wonder how can I deal with this problem. Thank you....
  7. linking a Bluetooth keyboard

linking a Bluetooth keyboard: having spilt coffee on my yoga laptop keyboard and finding the tablet version difficult, I am trying to link to a Bluetooth keyboard but am asked for a pin. When I used the same Bluetooth keyboard with an android tablet, I was offered a pin which I then typed into the...
  8. Can't find Windows 10 download link or product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find Windows 10 download link or product key: I purchased Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, the only thing in store is an Install button, which gives a useless "Something happened" error. No download link or product key anywhere. Can I even refund it?...
  9. how to find CD keys linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to find CD keys linked to Microsoft account: When I registered Windows 10 with Microsoft account, the system showed a listed of linked licenses. However I cannot find it now. Could you help me to find Office or Windows cd-keys linked to my Microsoft account?...
  10. Bluetooth Not Finding Hardware

Bluetooth Not Finding Hardware: Bluetooth doesn't give me the option to activate it. The blue tooth also is constantly disappearing and making the disconnect sound every like 3 seconds. I've already made sure that its not being turned off because of the power. It would appear that the blue tooth...