Windows 10: Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.

Discus and support Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I powered up my Windows 10 Home and on the LOGIN screen [not the 'background' Windows displayed a new LOGON SCREEN of beautiful Flowers never seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Jul 22, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.

I powered up my Windows 10 Home and on the LOGIN screen [not the 'background' Windows displayed a new LOGON SCREEN of beautiful Flowers never seen before. So I went to the internet and asked how to find it on my Windows to make it permanent. All I got from Google was lots of bad advise. One recommendation said the LOGON 'pictures' are in C://Windows/Web/*. That link has 3 subs: Wallpaper, 4k, Screen. None had that "pic" of those Flowers. I tried other advice but nothing. Did Windows 'pick it out of thin air' just to tease me then to take it away?

:)

jagman, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant. [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.

Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

Hey there everyone.

I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below)

Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant. [​IMG]

This is the picture that is behind the logon screen, which is by default the Windows 10 hero wallpaper. If you would like to change this image to your accent color, here's how

WARNING:
    To do this option, you will have to mess with registry settings. As you may know, registry settings influence the way Windows works on your machine. Therefore, if you do something incorrectly, you may have to reinstall Windows. Proceed with caution.

The first step is to open Run (
    Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant. aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_91.jpg
    +R) and type regedit
    Once Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System. There, make a new DWORD value called DisableLogonBackgroundImage and set the value to 1 to change it to your accent color. If you ever wish to revert this change, setting it to 0 will revert it back to the 'Hero' image.

Restart and your logon screen background will now be your accent color that you have selected. If it changes, the color of your logon screen will change as well.

Good luck and enjoy your new logon screen. *Wink
    Michael.

Michaelvas17, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant.

1. Finding, Changing, Making a LOGON SCREEN permanant. - Similar Threads - Finding Changing Making

2. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  3. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  4. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Making permanent change to account folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making permanent change to account folder name: Background:I have apps that I need to run in windows11, but the apps have errors due to my username and user folder having a spaceWhat I've done:I have temporarily enabled the built in administer account and sind into it. Then I changed the user account path name in regedit...
  6. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  7. how to make date format change permanent

how to make date format change permanent: My windows date-format default setting is dd/mm/yyyy I have an application which requires the format to be in yyyy/mm/dd, which I did make the change in windows settings. However I noticed that the change will be reverted back from yyyy/mm/dd back to dd/mm/yyyy automatically...
  8. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  9. Change security to make Administrator logon available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change security to make Administrator logon available: How do I change security to make Administrator logon and other directories available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-security-to-make-administrator-logon/a6a57160-64a6-474c-8853-b2a3476bfc8d"
  10. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

Change Logon Screen Wallpaper: On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme. Thanks. 12161