Windows 10: Finding com port number.

Discus and support Finding com port number. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very recently purchased HP LAPTOP-2B3H9B5S. Nov 2020. I am trying to find out how to find the com port settings. i have read the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnFarrell__LL, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Finding com port number.

I have a very recently purchased HP LAPTOP-2B3H9B5S. Nov 2020. I am trying to find out how to find the com port settings. i have read the previous quotes from 2019. However they now appear not to be relevant. The latest advice says go to actions and go to previous software updates. When I click on actions all I get is to be sent to help.

previous advice :

go to device manager

-> go to view

--> show hidden devices

---> find com/lpt.

This does not show up a com port

The second advice was to:

go to device manager

-> go to actions

--> add legacy hardware.

However this does not show a relevant entry for com ports.

Please advise how I can find out the correct com port for the hardware / software being installed.

:)

JohnFarrell__LL, Dec 29, 2020

2. can't put port number manually

To change an email port number from the default to a different port number, you'll simply append the port number to the "Outgoing SMTP Server" field, as I've done below for one of my POP3 email accounts (see the yellow highlighted box in the screenshot
    below)

Finding com port number. 8ccdee7e-b55a-4404-9780-bf23de29b7fd.png

Notice that I have appended the port number 80 after "smtpout.secureserver.net and that the port number is separated from the SMTP email server by a colon.

You can edit your company's email account on the phone

• Go to Settings > Email+Accounts
    • Select your company email account
    • Scroll down the screen to find the "Outgoing (SMTP) email server box and append the correct port number for your company. Be sure you also include a colon between the server and the port number.

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Finding a USB port number

Right, Windows 10, using software to program an external piece of hardware, it uses usb to connect it but asks for the port number. I cant for love nor money figure out how to find the damn thing. I can't seem to find any numbering in device manager or
    anywhere else.

EdwardElder77, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Finding com port number.

Port

Hello again, the customer who finds a certain door, try this;

Start your command prompt

Type ipconfig

So,

type netstat -a for a list of your various port numbers

This will show the list of ports.

Carlos Eduardo Spak Juncher, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Finding com port number.

1. Finding com port number. - Similar Threads - Finding com port

2. Com port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com port: Hello, I currently have a com port CP2105 enhanced installed on my laptop that my amateur radio uses to communicate with my PC and software such as Ham Radio Deluxe etc.. I need an additional CP2105 enhanced com port for another software program to communicate to the radio so...
  3. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  4. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  5. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  6. COM ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COM ports: Have 2 USB COM ports on my laptop. I use them to connect to and upload Arduino programming. Device manager started out identifying them as COM port 3 an4, now says 4 and 6, sometimes both as COM port 5. Any info appreciated....
  7. Com Port

Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7