Windows 10: Finding computer name on previously used desktop

Discus and support Finding computer name on previously used desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop in my aunts house and I have enabled remote desktop on it. I have also signed in on it multiple times due to the fact that it is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DalenSharp, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Finding computer name on previously used desktop

I have a desktop in my aunts house and I have enabled remote desktop on it. I have also signed in on it multiple times due to the fact that it is my personal workstation. I am currently trying to connect to it with my laptop which is running Windows 10 Pro, but I don't remember the device name or the other qualification factors for remote desktop. But I did link my microsoft account to it, how would I access it based on this information?

:)

DalenSharp, Dec 17, 2019
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Dec 17, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Finding computer name on previously used desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Finding computer name on previously used desktop

1. Finding computer name on previously used desktop - Similar Threads - Finding computer name

2. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  3. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find the Name of my Computer: When I try to find my computer name as instructed, I get into Control Panel, but I cannot find System and Security > System. Where did Microsoft hide my computer name, and how can I find the computer name reliably USING ONLY THE KEYBOARD - NO MOUSE? I am totally blind, and I...
  4. Find the Name of my Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...: Hello everyone, I am having this issue that is really frustrating. I keep getting the message: "Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of my computer" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  6. Help to find remote computer User Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help to find remote computer User Name?: I found that my computer was being accessed on a default account. Since I cannot find a way to log into this account nor the public one. I need to find the location of the remote computer Users Name and location....
  7. how to find my windows use name on all my different computers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to find my windows use name on all my different computers?: how to find my windows use name on all my different computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-windows-use-name-on-all-my/dccf014b-897a-4dd6-a5e9-254eac9f90c7
  8. Find Host names of all computers on LAN

Find Host names of all computers on LAN: Hi folks when file explorer doesn't show all computers on a Lan is there any script that I can use to find the HOSTNAMES / COMPUTER NAMES when I can get their IP addresses I can get the IP address easily enough (nmap / arp or similar) but from IP address any way to get the...
  9. 1803 disable finding computers by name?

1803 disable finding computers by name?: Tried several fixes online, but still same. Can use ip address to find them. 109558
  10. How to find PC's previous name?

How to find PC's previous name?: I just did a Windows 10 reset. It is my main machine and other wireless network machines print through it. Now I cannot print from the remote machines, I'm assuming because the reset machine now has a new name. Where on my remote machines might I find a network path...