Windows 10: Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

Discus and support Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kurt OHare, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I need to identify and delete the duplicate files. Thoughts?

:)

Kurt OHare, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jun 7, 2023
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Finding duplicate files

For images, I love DupDetector
    https://www.keronsoft.com/dupdetector.html

It's cool and special because it matches images and photos by content (like Google can search for similar images) and not filename or date. You can even adjust the sensitivity. It'll find identical images across different file formats as well as different resolutions/sizes. So you can weed out low resolution duplicates of higher res images or simply actually the same duplicate images.

RejZoR, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

Finding duplicate files

i could use something like that...my goddamn dropbox account is FULL of duplicates, as is my local dropbox folder. such a pain in the ass.i have NO cluse where they are coming from

jboydgolfer, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

1. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data. - Similar Threads - Finding duplicate files

2. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.: I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I need to identify and delete the duplicate files. Thoughts?...
  3. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  4. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  5. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. duplicate data

duplicate data: how to duplicate my desktop contents onto my new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-data/655f9fe3-d28f-4e58-8e1c-6021a00399f5
  7. Software for finding duplicate files and folders

Software for finding duplicate files and folders: My main pc has over the years managed to get a lot of duplicate files and folders is there any software that will find them for me that is easy to use so i can delete them. I have win10 version 2004 161402
  8. Find & Move Duplicate Files

Find & Move Duplicate Files: Files are in multiple folders on multiple external hard disk drives, 25x5 TB = 125 TB Tried, ABC Compare, & Anti Twin, Software but doesn’t work over multiple HDD's, only searches one drive. Someone said may need to plug all 25 external drives into PC and set up a raid...
  9. Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows: Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows We have covered many ways that you can save space on your Storage Drive over the years, firstly by recently discussing how to manually go through big files and test cleanup utilities, your files Reset windows to the default...
  10. Find and remove duplicated files

Find and remove duplicated files: Use the app " Duplicated file remover“, Scan a hard disk. After a few hours, the screen shows conflict info "scanning duplicated 100%" and "remaining one file" for more than two hours. What should I do?. Wait more or cancel it....